Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hops is gonna show us how much 175 sucks by dominating Pascal.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
    I'm not a Mexican!!!

I never changed the subject, I always maintained the same position. Who cares about talent?

Mayweather MIGHT be the most talented at WW, but he never fought nobody worth a damn so its a moot theoretical argument that doesn't hold water.

Pascal was talented enough to win pretty much every round, so Dawson isn't all that great.

You're just a Dawson nuthugger who can't admit he was wrong and get over a loss.

Still hanging on the theoretical abstractions.

smh...
    You did always change the subject.

Dawson fought the top dogs in the division at the time. And he was contractually obligated to grant Tarver a rematch. You cannot criticize his opposition.

I like Dawson, but I also really like Pascal. It's true, I'm at a loss to explain the fight, but I will maintain that Dawson beats Pascal in a rematch. Pascal deserves credit, he whooped that ass, but I will always believe it was an aberration.

I don't know what smh means, I'm actually curious cause I see it all the time, I just don't speak in internet abbreviations.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      I don't know what smh means, I'm actually curious cause I see it all the time, I just don't speak in internet abbreviations.
      ttkk.......

Comment

You did always change the subject.

Dawson fought the top dogs in the division at the time. And he was contractually obligated to grant Tarver a rematch. You cannot criticize his opposition.

I like Dawson, but I also really like Pascal. It's true, I'm at a loss to explain the fight, but I will maintain that Dawson beats Pascal in a rematch. Pascal deserves credit, he whooped that ass, but I will always believe it was an aberration.

I know you are well aware of the fact that I've been a Dawson detractor, but if Hopkins does what I think he is gonna do tonight, Chad's stock is gonna plummet big time not just because he let Pascal beat him. But also because we haven't even seen him in the ring since that fight.

Comment

Although it would make the division look like crap, I'm not sure it's completely true. Hopkins is a really good fighter and his style is unique and difficult. Gotta give him credit if he can do it. I still say if Chad Dawson gets his **** together he would beat Pascal and Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            Although it would make the division look like crap, I'm not sure it's completely true. Hopkins is a really good fighter and his style is unique and difficult. Gotta give him credit if he can do it. I still say if Chad Dawson gets his **** together he would beat Pascal and Hopkins.
            I don't think Hopkins will fight Dawson. He can make more money by fighting Bute and the super six winner even if they are from a lower division.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
              I know you are well aware of the fact that I've been a Dawson detractor, but if Hopkins does what I think he is gonna do tonight, Chad's stock is gonna plummet big time not just because he let Pascal beat him. But also because we haven't even seen him in the ring since that fight.
              Oh yea his stock is gonna plummet, that would be bad for Dawson and the division in general.

It will lend credence to everyone who said "Hopkins doesn't need to fight Dawson cause he'd beat him".

Dawson needs Pascal to win so he can have a high profile rematch with Pascal, cause if Hopkins wins he won't fight Dawson.

Comment

I don't think Hopkins will fight Dawson. He can make more money by fighting Bute and the super six winner even if they are from a lower division.
                Agreed, I don't think Hopkins would ever fight Chad. Crazy thing about it all is he would probably put a beat down on Bute too but I hope this is it. The Kelly Pavlik fight was a great way to end a career but this would even be greater. To become the oldest world champion and not a **** belt, he's fighting the man of the division and to do it on the road in a hostile environment would be something. He needs to hang em up win or lose tonight.

Comment

And for the record, I haven't even always rooted for Hopkins to win all of his fights even though everybody knows I like Bernard and give him credit where I feel like it's due. I rooted for Taylor to beat him in the first fight, and even though I was more neutral in the rematch since I felt like Hopkins got ripped off I was still slightly pulling for Jermaine.

I even rooted for Calzaghe to beat Hopkins because Bernard's fight with Winky Wright really pissed me off and I thought Calzaghe put up a good performance against Kessler and it was a way better fight. But in the aftermath of the Hopkins-Calzaghe fight (regardless of me thinking Hopkins won it), my respect for each guy did a total 180 after Calzaghe went and fought Roy Jones and Hopkins did Calzaghe's heavy lifting by beating Kelly Pavlik.

And then after that, I couldn't for the life of me understand why Hopkins did the same exact thing that Calzaghe did outside of retiring and he even didn't beat Jones as impressively as Joe did. That totally lost me as a Hopkins fan just about.

Comment

Oh yea his stock is gonna plummet, that would be bad for Dawson and the division in general.

It will lend credence to everyone who said "Hopkins doesn't need to fight Dawson cause he'd beat him".

Dawson needs Pascal to win so he can have a high profile rematch with Pascal, cause if Hopkins wins he won't fight Dawson.
                    Yeah, but what's good for Dawson is I believe Pascal has to fight him again regardless of whether he beats Hopkins or not doesn't he? Not sure how that works. The rematch is less meaningful though if Pascal can't beat Bernard tonight.

Comment

Yeah, but what's good for Dawson is I believe Pascal has to fight him again regardless of whether he beats Hopkins or not doesn't he? Not sure how that works. The rematch is less meaningful though if Pascal can't beat Bernard tonight.
                      Yea, Dawson had a rematch clause. But if Pascal gets embarrassed by Hopkins who will care about that fight? It'd be a nightmare or the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X