No announcement yet.

Michael Spinks vs Bernard Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Spinks vs Bernard Hopkins

who do you guys think should be ranked higher all time?
    who would win h2h (at lhw)?

Michael Spinks
    Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight champion

Best wins
    Eddie Mustafa Muhammad
    Dwight Muhammad Qawi
    Larry Holmes x2
    Gerry Cooney

Notable losses
    Mike Tyson

Bernard Hopkins
    Middleweight and Light Heavyweight champion

Best wins
    Keith Holmes
    Felix Trinidad
    William Joppy
    Antonio Tarver
    Kelly Pavlik

Notable losses
    Roy Jones jr
    Jermain Taylor x2
    Joe Calzaghe

I honestly think Spinks would decision him, comfartable yet competitive decision.

Comment

Micheal Spink is greater than Bernard Hopkins and would beat Bernard Hopkins at LHW, UD.

Comment

Spinks h2h for sure imo. Not an easy fight but an easy pick if u get me

And in terms of greatness i think id have to give it to Spinks too

Comment

WOW at you people this is a nightmare matchup Spinks was a finesse fighter the kind that Bernard feasted on.

Spinks major weakness was fighting on the inside B-Hop is probable the most effective inside fighter of the last 30 years and Bernard has the better resume also.
          Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 04-10-2011, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            WOW at you people this is a nightmare matchup Spinks was a finesse fighter the kind that Bernard feasted on.

Spinks major weakness was fighting on the inside B-Hop is probable the most effective inside fighter of the last 30 years
            Obviously someone who hasn't watched much of Michael Spinks at Light-Heavy :rolleyes9:

and Bernard has the better resume also.
            Now THAT'S just ****ing ignorant and ******ed :rolleyes9:

Poet

Comment

I love Bernard but this is tough one for him. Hopkins is nearly impossible to beat clearly and comfortably. It's always by nearly a point or 2. I think he'd frustrate and give Spinks hell but probably come up just short in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Obviously someone who hasn't watched much of Michael Spinks at Light-Heavy :rolleyes9:

Now THAT'S just ****ing ignorant and ******ed :rolleyes9:

Poet

B-Hop's resume is better then Spinks I don't see how that can even be disputed.

Shutout wins vs Tito Tarver Johnson and Pavlik and competitive but clear win vs #2 P4P Winky Wright

are greater then.

KO vs Cooney, competitive but clear win vs Muhaamad and Qawi and 2 razor thin wins vs Holmes

Comment

Spinks wins 10 times out of 10 imo,there are very few fighters i would favour over a prime Spinks at 175 and Hopkins sure as hell isnt one of them,he looked good beating Pavlik and Tarver who were decent fighters themselves,and nobody can doubt how great B-hop is,but he comes up short in this one

Spinks should be ranked higher all time,although not by much

Comment

B-Hop's resume is better then Spinks I don't see how that can even be disputed.

Shutout wins vs Tito Tarver Johnson and Pavlik and competitive but clear win vs #2 P4P Winky Wright

are greater then.

KO vs Cooney, competitive but clear win vs Muhaamad and Qawi and 2 razor thin wins vs Holmes
                    Dwight Muhammed Qawi
                    Eddie Mustafa Muhammed
                    Marvin Johnson
                    Yaqui Lopez

Pavlik and Johnson ain't in that class. Try again and prove once more you're an ignoramus.

PS. If you actually think Pavlik is anywhere NEAR that class you should be legally barred from ever watching a fight again as you're too ****ing ******ed to comprehend what you're seeing.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X