No announcement yet.

How good was Ken Norton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luccio View Post
    you an expert on that freddie futch guy??

everyone goes on about how good he was but how how many guys did he make from scratch??

cos he gets credit for duran and arguello and i know for a fact he freddie hutch came into the picture later.....
    Futch, like many HOF trainers, improved upon many fighter’s styles and fine tuned them, being especially talented at preparing them for specific opponents. He taught Frazier his bb and weave style and how to use his smaller size to his advantage. Trained both Frazier and Norton on how to beat Ali, who often dropped his uppercuts too low and left himself exposed for the left hook.

He also trained Bowe, Arguello and several other champions. He is responsible for training and mentoring George Benton and Freddie Roach as ATG coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Futch, like many HOF trainers, improved upon many fighter’s styles and fine tuned them, being especially talented at preparing them for specific opponents. He taught Frazier his bb and weave style and how to use his smaller size to his advantage. Trained both Frazier and Norton on how to beat Ali, who often dropped his uppercuts too low and left himself exposed for the left hook.

He also trained Bowe, Arguello and several other champions. He is responsible for training and mentoring George Benton and Freddie Roach as ATG coaches.
      makes sense..
      thanks for the info...

but just 2 things...
      he failed at teaching frazier the bob and weave style. 😂
      and he failed miserably to teach ferdie roach how to be a good trainer. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

asides from those 2 blunders seems he was the real deal.
      im starting to see why he was such a revered boxing man....

Comment

I don't think Norton's punch resistance was bad, he was not at his best when he fought Jerry Cooney, and well? VS Foreman he kept on getting up.

Cooney and Foreman if they landed big punchers would probably deck all the top heavyweights in the game today.

I think Norton beats most of the top guys today, accept for Deontay Wilder and Joshua.
        Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 06-09-2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Norton was a real good fighter. I know his chin gets a bad rap because Foreman and Shavers stopped him but it was "Shavers" and "Foreman". The Cooney fight was way past his prime.

Comment

thanks for the info.

could you show me video examples of this "move"

manny or ken norton....
            I can, i made a video on it too but don't want to post it here because it would look like I'm promoting my videos, but go to youtube and type Manny Pacquiao using Ken Norton's moves. It's under 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Offic.Scorecard View Post
              I can, i made a video on it too but don't want to post it here because it would look like I'm promoting my videos, but go to youtube and type Manny Pacquiao using Ken Norton's moves. It's under 2 minutes.
              what the hell is wrong with you just send me a pm brah!!1!!

👍😃

Comment

👍😃
                - -Any relation to a BM?

Comment

👍😃
                  You're right, i haven't thought of it, im pm-ing you the link now

Comment

Originally posted by Offic.Scorecard View Post
                    You're right, i haven't thought of it, im pm-ing you the link now
                    i just dont see it bro...

and throwing a lead and stepping of to the side is basic stuff bro.
                    i didnt get that was what you meant.

Comment

He was good, awkward style that gave people problems (including Ali), but the same awkward style and the way he held his hands opened the door for taking some crazy highlight reel KOs.

Comment

Working...
                      X