No announcement yet.

Kevin Iole on Alvarez and ODLH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Iole on Alvarez and ODLH

I didn't see a thread for the article posted by Kevin Iole on Yahoo Sports regarding Alvarez's allegations in his lawsuit, some hilights:

1) Lawsuit was dismissed on technical grounds and Alvarez can resubmit by September 28.

2) Alleges that ODLH gave both Canelo and DAZN final right to approve opponents in separate contracts with each (DAZN contract on October 11 and Canelo contract on October 17).

3) When Canelo found out, he was furious and almost backed out because his contract didn't mention DAZN had the right.

4) In order to make the deal go through, ODLH personally guaranteed liability for DAZN's payments to Canelo. Canelo would most likely be seeking the money from ODLH and GB as opposed to DAZN.

Iole goes on to say that Canelo was also upset that ODLH used his deal with DAZN to secure a separate Golden Boy deal with the streaming service.

What's interesting is that Alvarez and DAZN don't actually have a contract with each other. They have separate contracts with Golden Boy and ODLH. Iole notes that the presence of the lawsuit allows Canelo and his attorneys to speak directly with DAZN. Without the lawsuit, if Canelo spoke directly with DAZN, Golden Boy could make accusations of "tortious interference*.

Reading between the lines, the lawsuit sounds like a means to sever his relationship with Oscar and GB. The fact that Iole states that the lawsuit allows Canelo to speak directly with DAZN infers that Alvarez may be open to dealing with the streaming service directly. Very interesting developments...

Canelo should just fly solo he doesn’t need these guys anymore.

Comment

Nobody can be surprised that things ended up here. I hope Canelo gets cut lose, and he just makes his own fights and the chips fall where they may. At least the PPV buy rates will show his popularity in real time. I know he’s been fighting since he was 15 so I’m sure he doesn’t mind being out and enjoying his money and lifestyle, but seeing a guy in his prime on the shelf really sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
        Nobody can be surprised that things ended up here. I hope Canelo gets cut lose, and he just makes his own fights and the chips fall where they may. At least the PPV buy rates will show his popularity in real time. I know he’s been fighting since he was 15 so I’m sure he doesn’t mind being out and enjoying his money and lifestyle, but seeing a guy in his prime on the shelf really sucks.
        Yup hopefully he doesn’t sit out for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
          Yup hopefully he doesn’t sit out for too long.
          My brother has been saying for a long time that Canelo will lose his first after turning 30. Sometimes he just likes to stir the pot, but he knows his boxing. I’d love to see Canelo in a real hellacious fight. Even if he had to throw 50,60,70 punches in a round it would be great to watch. I’d like to see someone push him into another gear, if he’s capable.

Comment

My brother has been saying for a long time that Canelo will lose his first after turning 30. Sometimes he just likes to stir the pot, but he knows his boxing. I’d love to see Canelo in a real hellacious fight. Even if he had to throw 50,60,70 punches in a round it would be great to watch. I’d like to see someone push him into another gear, if he’s capable.
            These aren’t volume punchers. They are counter punchers, like Floyd, looking for mistakes. You expect every boxer to be like Figueroa Jr?

Comment

So Canelo didn't want the people that gathers the money to pay him the huge contract a word on selecting opponents? Lol, just lol and more lol

Comment

Originally posted by Al Broker View Post
                These aren’t volume punchers. They are counter punchers, like Floyd, looking for mistakes. You expect every boxer to be like Figueroa Jr?
                I don’t expect it!! That’s why
                it would be refreshing and exciting to see a fight develop in a way that you didn’t see coming. I’ve followed Canelo since the beginning, I know what he is, and what he does well. All I said is that I’d love to see Canelo in a fight that pushes him out of his comfort zone. He may never have to do that because he’s that good. But sometimes a slugfest breaks out that we didn’t see coming and we love it. What’s wrong with wanting to see someone push Canelo so hard that his usual pace and tactics arent cutting it? I mean almost everyone loses at some point. If a fighter is losing and all they do is exactly what they have been doing that’s not that exciting. We all yell at the screen asking for more or something different, you do to. You would have loved to have seen Floyd dropped or cut or behind so he would have had to change up his style to try and win. If he could have who knows, but it woulda been great to see. I don’t expect squat. But everyone would love to see a fight where Canelo has to do things differently. That’s my whole point, it’s fun to see the unexpected. Maybe he will always be 40 punches a round win lose or draw, but nothing wrong with hoping someone pushes him to be more dynamic.

Comment

I don’t expect it!! That’s why
                  it would be refreshing and exciting to see a fight develop in a way that you didn’t see coming. I’ve followed Canelo since the beginning, I know what he is, and what he does well. All I said is that I’d love to see Canelo in a fight that pushes him out of his comfort zone. He may never have to do that because he’s that good. But sometimes a slugfest breaks out that we didn’t see coming and we love it. What’s wrong with wanting to see someone push Canelo so hard that his usual pace and tactics arent cutting it? I mean almost everyone loses at some point. If a fighter is losing and all they do is exactly what they have been doing that’s not that exciting. We all yell at the screen asking for more or something different, you do to. You would have loved to have seen Floyd dropped or cut or behind so he would have had to change up his style to try and win. If he could have who knows, but it woulda been great to see. I don’t expect squat. But everyone would love to see a fight where Canelo has to do things differently. That’s my whole point, it’s fun to see the unexpected. Maybe he will always be 40 punches a round win lose or draw, but nothing wrong with hoping someone pushes him to be more dynamic.
                  Thing is you might find someone with that mindset but once they get countered with those heavy thudding shots all of a sudden they start throwing less.

Some guys you can do that but with others they just won’t let you.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Broker View Post
                    You are on here morning, noon and night. Do you ever sleep or even take a nap? Are you a vampire?

Comment

Working...
                    X