Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamboa stops Farenas in the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      2-1? You're that confident, eh? Bold move, dude, but that's ok. I've closely watched every televised Gamboa fight dating back to 2007. You fail.

lmao @ you claiming Gamboa has been off balance every time he was floored. That's likely.
      I m sorry but I didn't understand if you want to bet or not...I gonna make it 3-1 for you..if gamboa lose I paid you 6 million points and if he win you pay me 2 millions..do you accept?

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
        I m sorry but I didn't understand if you want to bet or not...I gonna make it 3-1 for you..if gamboa lose I paid you 6 million points and if he win you pay me 2 millions..do you accept?
        change your username to happy cuban if gamboa loses...

Comment

3/1?? When some of the betting houses have Gamboa at 1/33?? Others have Farenas at +1500!!!!! GTFOH. For real man.

The answer is no. Hell no.

Comment

3/1?? When some of the betting houses have Gamboa at 1/33?? Others have Farenas at +1500!!!!! GTFOH. For real man.

The answer is no. Hell no.
            Oooo..ok...how I said I wanted to make sure...I didn't checked the odds....good to know...Gamboa is highly recognized...

Comment

IMHO Gamboa is being ridiculously overestimated by the fans. It's the handspeed, athleticism and raw explosiveness. Hell, it's just the hype at this point. I can understand how someone could get carried away. However, Gamboa is vulnerable and he'll be the victim of an upset some day soon. Maybe not tomorrow. Soon though. Please quote me on that...
              lmao @ you claiming Gamboa has been off balance every time he was floored. That's likely.
              Gamboa doesn't have the greatest chin, that's no secret. Everyone points to that flaw as the major reason why they don't think Yuri will hang around. Yet, fighters like Juan Manuel Marquez and "Tito" Trinidad managed to have pretty good careers, despite a few trips to the canvass. With his increasing professional experience and growing defensive responsibility, "El Ciclon" is becoming more difficult to topple with every fight.

I've seen virtually all of Gamboa's fights. He's been down four times, once against Salido. And, yes, Yuri was off-balance on three occasions (if memory serves). There was only one time where Gamboa was possibly affected by a punch. One time. The rest of the time he rose from the canvass and unleashed hell.

The upset may come some day, but that's not a bold prediction. Many of the best fighters in history were upset, some more than once. One thing I'll happily bet on, though: it ain't happening this Saturday night.

Comment

I doubt Gamboa stays at 130 for more than 1-2 fights. He wants that Broner fight at 135, and Broner wants it too.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Gamboa doesn't have the greatest chin, that's no secret. Everyone points to that flaw as the major reason why they don't think Yuri will hang around. Yet, fighters like Juan Manuel Marquez and "Tito" Trinidad managed to have pretty good careers, despite a few trips to the canvass. With his increasing professional experience and growing defensive responsibility, "El Ciclon" is becoming more difficult to topple with every fight.

I've seen virtually all of Gamboa's fights. He's been down four times, once against Salido. And, yes, Yuri was off-balance on three occasions (if memory serves). There was only one time where Gamboa was possibly affected by a punch. One time. The rest of the time he rose from the canvass and unleashed hell.

The upset may come some day, but that's not a bold prediction. Many of the best fighters in history were upset, some more than once. One thing I'll happily bet on, though: it ain't happening this Saturday night.
                  The one he seems afected was against darlin Jimenez and I also have doubt in that one the other against Ramirez was by an elbow and he only touch the canvas with the glove very briefly....salido was out of balance...there was a video in YouTube named el estilo Gamboa were they put in slow motion all of them and you can see clear that he wasn't hurt..instead they put moments were he eats with no apparent problems more biggest shots...I think he have a great chin..

Comment

The one he seems afected was against darlin Jimenez and I also have doubt in that one the other against Ramirez was by an elbow and he only touch the canvas with the glove very briefly....salido was out of balance...there was a video in YouTube named el estilo Gamboa were they put in slow motion all of them and you can see clear that he wasn't hurt..instead they put moments were he eats with no apparent problems more biggest shots...I think he have a great chin..
                    I don't know. The truth is, Gamboa doesn't get hit too much. I think his chin issues are overstated. By now, so many people have pointed it out that it's become "the thing to say". But I don't know if you can say Yuri has a great chin. Thanks for mentioning those videos. I definitely have to look at them.

Comment

Gamboa is the fastest in the world imo. I want him to fight broner one day, that would have great anticipation.

Comment

Working...
                      X