No announcement yet.

Reflections on Life...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflections on Life...

... I see tardation on here regularly (only last night I read that people who are atheists think that man created the universe... wtf? Mankind is just thousands of years old, the universe is billions) so I thought I'd share my collected wisdom.

Now, I'm one of the oldest members here, though not as old as rumour (rumor, Fat Yanks) has it. I'm still in my thirties, and yet I have lived a relatively long life. And in all that time, I've learnt......... jack ****, really. Yet Eastern religions tell us that true enlightenment comes from realising you know nothing, which puts me, Larry and Mark up there as the most enlightened people on the planet.

Here's part one of my reflections...

The Creation of Life:
    I once read that from a purely mathematical point of view, it's possible for the universe to be created from nothing. The point of science is that we don't know where we came from (yet)... though I appreciate it's far more sensible to believe we were created in six days by an old guy with a beard who said "fuckin' 'ell, I've had enough of this creating the universe, I need a fucking rest like Jermain Taylor from round ten onwards". Yeah. That's logic for you.

Anyway, my point? Well, a theory is that the universe was created by the pull of gravity against matter or some ****, producing the first atomic particles. Matter has a positive status, though gravity is a negative energy. 1 + -1 = 0, see? So on a purely mathematical basis, it's entirely possible that we live in a fundamentally Godless universe and we'll all die alone in a box, our entire existence without worth or meaning. Happy dreams, all.

PS. Danny Williams.
    Last edited by ; 12-07-2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Annie's origin of the universe theory, 1 + -1 = 0. So simple yet so profound.

Comment

Don't forget Danny Williams. He played a part.

Comment

I like dealing with a set together with an operation where only 3 elements exist and all postulates are satisfied including existence of identity element and existence of inverse elements. That equation is complete and Danny Williams can go kill himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
            That equation is complete and Danny Williams can go kill himself.
            You take that back, you ****ing ****.

Danny Williams > Timothy Bad Chin.

Comment

You ever watch ancient aliens? These guys think aliens so advanced they can travel light years came to earth to make things out of rocks. Do you know how long a light year is? Well a beam of light can circle the entire earth 7 times in 1 second. How far do you think it can go in 1 year? Multiply that by millions of years and you'll see ho far they traveled to play with rocks. This show has millions of viewers. Nuff said.

Comment

What the **** are you guys talking about. I have winter break next week. I will make sure to catch up on some reading, since I bought a lot of cool books this semester. I want to read Origins Of Life, About Time, 4% Universe, Black Holes & Time Warps, etc. I have a bunch of cool sci-fi and regular novels like Ender's Game, Starship Troopers, Through The Looking Glass, Do Androids Dream..., 2001, Foundation, etc. Damn, I'm pretty excited about reading before I go back to school. Next semester I have Additional Topics in Linear Algebra, Physics III, Circuit Analysis, & Assembly Language. I plan on only doing three of those, though. However, I plan on taking a guitar class for fun, though.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  You take that back, you ****ing ****.

Danny Williams > Timothy Bad Chin.
                  WTF is wrong with you mate? Danny is nothing but a negligible infinitesimal quantity in the grander scheme of things. Again, 1 + -1 = 0.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    The Creation of Life:
                    I once read that from a purely mathematical point of view, it's possible for the universe to be created from nothing.
                    It's a well known fact that people only become mathematicians to get fanny.

It's also a known fact that mathematicians don't know anything about women.

Comment

Working...
                    X