Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If HBO calls Ward-Dawson with a biased tone, who will they side with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If HBO calls Ward-Dawson with a biased tone, who will they side with?

HBO has been extremely biased more towards the "house" fighter as of late both in their commentating and selective replays. It's gotten to the point where people have resulted in watching fights on mute, which shows how bad it's gotten. There's a very good chance that Ward-Dawson will go to a decision, if anyone, who do you think they will be biased for?

Some notable examples in recent fights.

Pac vs Bradley - HBO nearly refused to call anything Bradley landed, regardless if people feel Pac got robbed. They also didn't show any Bradley replays. Lampley talking about "booms" when Pac was hitting thin air.

Chavez Jr. vs Lee - HBO did a poor job of showing Lee replays, only showing Jr. replays though I felt Roy Jones did a great job at calling both fighters' shots.

Rios vs Abril - While HBO did acknowledge that not everyone would agree with the decision, they still only showed Rios replays and kept bringing up how awkward Abril's style was.

Mayweather vs Cotto - HBO didn't acknowledge Cotto's great consistent jab but mostly showed Mayweather replays.

If HBO puts on their usual tone of bias who do you feel they will do it for? Remember, Ward is has been on Showtime while Dawson has been on HBO (I don't recall for how long though)
    They will favor Andre Ward
    95.35%
    They will favor Chad Dawson
    2.33%
    I don't think HBO is biased at all
    2.33%

there banking on ward bro

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
      That's what I'm thinking too. They're stealing him from SHO.

I'll be listening closely to HBO that night to see what their agenda is. I'll be watching the fight too, but hey, they aren't the two most exciting guys ever.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
        He a star on da rise, easy money

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
          HBO has been extremely biased more towards the "house" fighter as of late both in their commentating and selective replays. It's gotten to the point where people have resulted in watching fights on mute, which shows how bad it's gotten. There's a very good chance that Ward-Dawson will go to a decision, if anyone, who do you think they will be biased for?

Some notable examples in recent fights.

Pac vs Bradley - HBO nearly refused to call anything Bradley landed, regardless if people feel Pac got robbed. They also didn't show any Bradley replays. Lampley talking about "booms" when Pac was hitting thin air.

Chavez Jr. vs Lee - HBO did a poor job of showing Lee replays, only showing Jr. replays though I felt Roy Jones did a great job at calling both fighters' shots.

Rios vs Abril - While HBO did acknowledge that not everyone would agree with the decision, they still only showed Rios replays and kept bringing up how awkward Abril's style was.

Mayweather vs Cotto - HBO didn't acknowledge Cotto's great consistent jab but mostly showed Mayweather replays.

If HBO puts on their usual tone of bias who do you feel they will do it for? Remember, Ward is has been on Showtime while Dawson has been on HBO (I don't recall for how long though)
          Lmfaooo that was hilarious you are right about Pac vs Bradley...Pac would totally miss the punch and all you hear is someone saying BOOM.

Comment

Kinda feeling bad for Chad at this point.

He's fighting the crowd, the judges, the ref, the weight struggle, and the eyes and ears of the HBO broadcast viewers....

Don't let HBO form an opinion for you!

Comment

obviously ward.

Comment

HBO nearly always sides with the favorite in their commenting. Since Ward is the favorite to win in this fight the commentators will obviously side with Ward. I thought their commentary during both the Mayweather-Cotto fight and the Pacquiao-Bradley fight were extremely biased.

Comment

Yeah it's safe to say the poll will be very one sided, as they will most likely favor Ward.

I hope they at least acknowledge when Chad lands shots.

Comment

I am going for chad

Comment

Working...
                    X