View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 07:01 PM #25
Contender

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
CauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,984.75
Total Points: 12,740.90
Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojack269 View Post
Haha you guys are funny criticising every fighters do you lot actually like boxing or do you just like moaning about it
Interesting that you bring that up, as I've been posting more about that, including a 6 paragraph exposition just yesterday. Also interesting that it was your first post since joining in February (although I suspect you are no stranger to the forum OR boxing).
Rather than re-post the entire commentary I left, I'll just agree with you, and make this brief (and maybe leave a link to the post).

This Forum should be a haven where true fans come together to talk boxing, in an age where genuine, knowledgeable fans are hard to find. Instead, it's often a Fandom pissing match that breeds negativity, unapologetic slander, and profane bickering.
It's not just between fans and toward the competitors either, it's often toward the sport itself.

Boxing is slightly unique in that this fanboy behavior is sort of a "necessary evil". You would think with so much dissatisfaction and animosity, dudes would simply lose interest, stop investing dollars, and turn away. It's my suspicion though, that we depend on the Fanboy persuasion to buy the tickets, apps, PPV's, T-shirts, etc...

I think if you were to ask these "fans", they will tell you that all of that negativity and classless behavior, is related to their love, passion, and devotion to the sport. A lack of civility and empathy is almost a symbolic right of passage, to losing the shameful 'Casual' label, and earning true hard-core fanboy status.

There's more to it, but you get the idea. The nature of boxing often attracts a certain shade of personality. It's also the internet, where its anonymous nature allows that "shade" to be the loudest or ugliest version of itself.

Peeaaccee !
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Here's a link with more details, if interested... https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...4#post19844174
CauliflowerEars is online now   Reply With Quote