Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruiz: I Would've Stopped AJ In Dramatic Fashion If It Continued

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
    this is why Joshua wanted the lions share to duck Wilder as long as he could. he is soft and mentally weak. he won't get up period from a Wilder bomb.
    Ruiz beat Joshua, not Wilder. We dont know if Wilder wouldve beaten Joshua. Every1 wants to discredit Joshua and downplay Ruizs win like it shouldve been Wilders. Imo Wilder is just as flawed as AJ. To top that off, Ruiz is more athletic & fundementally sound then both too.

Anyways, I really hope Ruiz beats Wilders ass now. I really liked the bronze bomber but his fan base since Ruizs win has become as annoying as Floyds after JMM KOd Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
      Agree, Andy doesn't even hit that hard it was just some well placed temple shots and overall volume of punches when we went on the attack, Joshua didn't know what to do. I honestly think a Wilder fight could end in a really early KO for Deontay.

But who knows.
      Every time Andy let off a flurry AJ looked like a person who's never been hit before, like he was panicking.
      And that's Wilders style all day

AJ needs to drastically tighten up that defense or he's done.

He has a ramrod jab but doesn't know how to use it. If he did he coulda had Andy walking face 1st into it all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
        Joshua is starting to enter that jab and grab phase Lennox and klitschko entered, atleast for shorter and faster opponents..taller heavyweights can get it rough still
        Now that's what you call boring boxing. Ward use to do that bs too. However Klitschko, Lennox, Ward and Joshua all got dropped so it doesn't matter anybody fighting like that or trained by Virgil hill has suspect jaw and all it takes is one shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Ruiz beat Joshua, not Wilder. We dont know if Wilder wouldve beaten Joshua. Every1 wants to discredit Joshua and downplay Ruizs win like it shouldve been Wilders. Imo Wilder is just as flawed as AJ. To top that off, Ruiz is more athletic & fundementally sound then both too.

Anyways, I really hope Ruiz beats Wilders ass now. I really liked the bronze bomber but his fan base since Ruizs win has become as annoying as Floyds after JMM KOd Manny.
          Deontay will knock his head off. Soon has Deontay starts teeing off and lining up his punch with a straight. it will turn into a highlight reel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
            Every time Andy let off a flurry AJ looked like a person who's never been hit before, like he was panicking.
            And that's Wilders style all day

AJ needs to drastically tighten up that defense or he's done.

He has a ramrod jab but doesn't know how to use it. If he did he coulda had Andy walking face 1st into it all night.
            He did a decent job early on of sticking Ruiz with his jab as he tried to come in, mainly in the 1st and 2nd. Nowhere near enough though.

Most of the heavyweights, when they get tagged or dropped, go into their shell, cover up and move backwards.

That's what AJ was expecting Ruiz to do, but Ruiz came back swinging and got the KD.

Then when Joshua was under heavy fire that's just what he did, covered up and moved backwards -- and he's a HUGE target to hit, too easy for someone with the speed and accuracy of Ruiz.

I agree with you on all points. I'm not that confident in AJ's ability to drastically improve his defense at this point.

Plus he gasses easily and he's a big muscly oaf -- mix that with a weak chin and you get an opponent that, if you hurt him bad enough, you can probably stop him because that dude is not gonna recover well.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              Deontay will knock his head off. Soon has Deontay starts teeing off and lining up his punch with a straight. it will turn into a highlight reel.
              Yup, I heard this for about 5-6weeks before AJ. When the time comes Ruiz beats Wilder with a liver shot.

Comment

Had Joshua fought Wilder instead. Wilder would have cleaned his clock in one ore 2 rounds. Wilder is a much harder puncher than Ruiz

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

Man you sound stupid. Wilder is much more aggressive, powerful and longer than Ruiz and equally as fast. Most people know Wilder would KO AJ it just makes for a good fight because it's a big unification.

The whole time I was thinking how Wilder would've KO'ed Ruiz within about 3 rounds in brutal fashion. Wilder ain't AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    I totally agree and I wanted to see it. I think Joshua deserved to go out trying. The ref told him to step forward and then stopped the fight before he even had a chance to. (AJ wanted out tho)
                    I think the ref should get a lot of credit as Joshua put him in an awkward situation. Joshua spit his mouthguard out before the ref started the count at 4 (not sure ref saw it), then after he got up, Joshua turned away from the ref at 8 and walked towards the ropes. The ref could only shout turn around. turn around, then after the 10 count expired, Joshua moved off the ropes just before the ref asked him if he was able to continue, realised his legs weren't steady enough to survive a 'can you continue' test, then moved back to the ropes just as the referee asked him if he wanted to go on.

The ref could have insisted on an answer, which would have given Joshua 20+ seconds total to have got his legs back, but the referee avoided that controversy by stopping it before Joshua had a chance to potentially game the system to continue by buying time (then there would have been time required to put the mouthpiece back in etc).

Ref did a great job under a huge amount of pressure.

Comment

Referee saved AJ's life.

Comment

Working...
                      X