Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Queen, 60 years reign. Diamond Jubilee.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    cheryl cole :wank: moving on.
    What about the Queen?

You gonna come in here and not show the Queen no love?

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
      Well I was joking about Castro (obviously)

In very basic terms, the traditional role of a constitutional monarch is to be the balance of power and to ensure stability within government and unity within the realm.
      We're fortunate in Britain to have had a very stable government and country longer than most others.
      The monarch has reserve powers + royal prerogatives, is head of the armed forces and has no political party allegiance. I think back in the 70's or 80's, the action taken by the constitutional monarch in Spain (sic) prevented a communist takeover.

The American Republic system is quite unusual even amongst other republics as the American President wields so much power compared to other heads of state. I think officially the US president is chief of state.
      That was like poerty, beautiful, beautiful.

Comment

Is Murray out of the French yet?

Comment

Is Murray out of the French yet?
          No idea, I only watch Wimbledon.

Comment

Well I was joking about Castro (obviously)

In very basic terms, the traditional role of a constitutional monarch is to be the balance of power and to ensure stability within government and unity within the realm.
            We're fortunate in Britain to have had a very stable government and country longer than most others.
            The monarch has reserve powers + royal prerogatives, is head of the armed forces and has no political party allegiance. I think back in the 70's or 80's, the action taken by the constitutional monarch in Spain (sic) prevented a communist takeover.

The American Republic system is quite unusual even amongst other republics as the American President wields so much power compared to other heads of state. I think officially the US president is chief of state.
            I don't think you understand the American system very well. The president doesn't have too much power, that's why there is Congress and you need all the branches of govt to pass laws, make wars etc.

It's called checks and balances. Even though I will admit, Bush overused his power and did things that many consider violations of people's civil rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              I don't think you understand the American system very well. The president doesn't have too much power, that's why there is Congress and you need all the branches of govt to pass laws, make wars etc.

It's called checks and balances. Even though I will admit, Bush overused his power and did things that many consider violations of people's civil rights.
              I don't have much interest in it, granted, but I do think the American President does have more power than most other heads of state around the world. I know he's not absolute, and there are still checks and balances and he must abide by the law. Compared with a prime minister, he holds a fair amount of sway.

I think all systems are flawed however, because man is flawed.
              Last edited by Southpaw Stinger; 06-06-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uns View Post
                No idea, I only watch Wimbledon.
                I think he's already out of that. Getting ahead of meself, but yer know...

Comment

I don't have much interest in it, granted, but I do think the American President does have more power than most other heads of sate around the world. I know he's not absolute, and there are still checks and balances and he must abide by the law. Compared with a prime minister, he holds a fair amount of sway.

I think all systems are flawed however, because man is flawed.
                  Actually the parliamentary system, gives more power to the prime minister because unlike the American system, the winning party takes complete control in that system.

In America, the winning party for example the Democrats, still have to share seats in Congress and in the Senate, so you never ever have complete control from the president and his party.

That's why Obama is having such a tough time getting things done because everytime he wants to pass a law or suggest something, it's cut down by Republicans in congress.

Right now, the president is a Democrat and congress is majority Republican so there's a serious problem in getting things done. So much so that just recently, the govt actually shut down for a few days because there was no agreement in how to pay the nations debt and where the money should go.

You are right though, humans are flawed and so no system is perfect but I will take a democratic system over any other on earth and it's not even close.

Comment

Cuah, if someone told you that you will have millions and be King, would you say no?

Comment

Originally posted by Uns View Post
                      Cuah, if someone told you that you will have millions and be King, would you say no?
                      Of course not but you may not believe me when I say this and I don't say this to brag or make myself look like some great person but I would donate most of my money to people that need it.

As it is, I'm not rich by any means but I do make a very good living. I have been very lucky in the decisions I have made in my life and I have worked hard because I come from very humble beginnings and so does my family.

I train at a gym and donate most of my time to inner city kids and buy them boxing equipment out of my pocket all the time. I take them across the state to fights and do what I can to help a lot of these kids in need.

If I became some super wealthy person like a king or some crazy **** like that, first off I wouldn't treat people less than me in these ridiculous rules you have to have when meeting the queen or king of some nation.

Second I would donate my time and money to people who really need it, invest it in the youth so my country can progress and excel.

My point is that just because she is born to some blood line, I'm NOT going to not look in her eyes, talk to her only when talked to, not touch her, bow like some servant or treat any different or give her any more respect to any other human being on the face of the planet.

I treat all people with basic human respect, regardless of color, creed, wealth, status or religion.

Comment

Working...
                      X