Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan vs. Ortiz - Which Pacquiao Sparring Partner Would Win if The Fought Each Other?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
    But Khan has a weak chin. A fact that couldn't be exploited in the amateurs due to the shortness of the fights and the use of head gears. A fight in the pros could be different.
    Khan doesn't have a weak chin. He got knocked out when he was an underdeveloped teen. He had no leg muscles at all back then, anyone who boxes knows leg muscles is one of the main components to taking a good punch. Instead khan put on too much muscle at the top, making his hands slow.

In any case, Khan is the one that went 12 with Maidana, while Ortiz was about to be koed. So by comparison, Ortizs chin is even weaker.

And going back to the amateurs, Ortiz got koed by Khan WITH headgear, what does that say about his chin?

And none of this changes the fact Khan is a much better boxer than Ortiz, thus one has to assume he'd come out on top. Of course it's possible Ortiz would win by ko, it's just not likely.
    Last edited by SpitBalla; 07-06-2011, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
      But Khan has a weak chin. A fact that couldn't be exploited in the amateurs due to the shortness of the fights and the use of head gears. A fight in the pros could be different.
      Well if khan KO ortiz even though ortiz was wearing headgear what would happen without head gear?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
        ortiz would stop khan. Khan could never hold him off. Defense is not his forte and you better defend and slip punches to beat ortiz. Victor has caught every single fighter he has faced professionally, no doubt he'd catch khan.
        Come on man everyone is jumping on Ortiz because he beat Berto who had been feasting on LWW his whole career. This is the same Ortiz who got a draw with Lamont Peterson just the fight before. yeah hes more of a beast up at 147 now but he aint got anywere near the skills or the speed khan has. He only has the power over khan.

Comment

I'm not voting in the poll, it will only encourage you to chew Pac-man's balls even harder.

But I will say that if they fought each other (as they are both champions and good fighters in there own right, NOT just Pacquiao's sparring partners) I have always said Ortiz would KO Khan, he is quick, powerful and too intense. Maidina had the tools to beat Khan, he just needed that little extra speed, which Ortiz has.

Comment

Khan is simply the better, more complete fighter so I would say Khan. That said, Ortiz is no mug and anything can happen, but taking all their current attributes into account you would really have to say Khan.

Comment

While we would need to see Khan at 147 first, there's nothing to suggest he wouldn't be very good at welterweight. I think he's a better fighter than Ortiz and would beat Ortiz.

Comment

Khan is very fast and would have the reach advantage but.........

Both are KO punchers but I think Ortiz would take Khan's shots much better than the other way around.

Eventually I think Ortiz would get to Khan's chin and KO him. I don't think he could keep Ortiz outside and box him for a full 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                  Khan is very fast and would have the reach advantage but.........

Both are KO punchers but I think Ortiz would take Khan's shots much better than the other way around.

Eventually I think Ortiz would get to Khan's chin and KO him. I don't think he could keep Ortiz outside and box him for a full 12 rounds.
                  Ortiz boxes though, so why couldn't Khan keep him outside and outbox him? The Berto fight does have people thinking Ortiz is some pressure fighter, no he's not. Ortiz liked to box.

Comment

It would be a war that ends with somebody getting KO'd. Most likely Amir. Against Khan , Ortiz would have no choice but to play the aggressor again like he decided to do against Berto. Because hes not quick or fast enough with his hands and feet to oubox Khan so he would have to use that 162 Pound body and rough im up.

Ortiz by mid to late KO.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      It would be a war that ends with somebody getting KO'd. Most likely Amir. Against Khan , Ortiz would have no choice but to play the aggressor again like he decided to do against Berto. Because hes not quick or fast enough with his hands and feet to oubox Khan so he would have to use that 162 Pound body and rough im up.

Ortiz by mid to late KO.
                      i see this exactly the same, but the other way round.

china chin is way stronger than ortiz at 147. khan has the bigger frame, n is pretty much a welter fighting at LW . he took maidana's biggest hits.

where as ortiz chin cuddnt take them n quit. clash of the glass jaws.

khan shatters ortiz jaw by mid to late ko.

Comment

Working...
                      X