Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lennox Lewis the most humble,lovable, and gentle champion of all times?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
    it's been a decade.

get over it.
    Ha, I am. I was just giving my reasoning for answering no in the poll. If you want something more recent take his constant talk of returning to the ring and becoming undisputed champion again! I wouldn't call that the actions of a humble guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Still not recovered, huh

Objectively, Lewis beats every boxer ever produced by New Zealand in the same night and still has enough left for the Australians. That doesn't bother me at all. I like Lewis more than I like Tua in fact. Except the pineapple haircut Tua had is probably the best thing either of them ever accomplished.

But, also objectively, more often than not, Foreman clubs him like a baby seal. I am simply adding my own criteria to the thread.

(If I were in this sport to support my countrymen, I would follow rugby.)

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
        Ha, I am. I was just giving my reasoning for answering no in the poll. If you want something more recent take his constant talk of returning to the ring and becoming undisputed champion again! I wouldn't call that the actions of a humble guy!
        then by your own statements NO boxers are humble then. They all talk about coming back at some point or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          Objectively, Lewis beats every boxer ever produced by New Zealand in the same night and still has enough left for the Australians. That doesn't bother me at all. I like Lewis more than I like Tua in fact. Except the pineapple haircut Tua had is probably the best thing either of them ever accomplished.

But, also objectively, more often than not, Foreman clubs him like a baby seal. I am simply adding my own criteria to the thread.

(If I were in this sport to support my countrymen, I would follow rugby.)
          That wouldn't help you too much

(just kidding old chap, your alright really)

Comment

That wouldn't help you too much

(just kidding old chap, your alright really)
            I had a feeling you were but never can be too sure. You're alright too.

But really, I'd rather have a beer with Tua than watch him fight. It's sort of like watching Leonardo da Vinci use an etch-a-sketch. Maybe a little less drastic than that. **** it, it's generally disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              I had a feeling you were but never can be too sure. You're alright too.

But really, I'd rather have a beer with Tua than watch him fight. It's sort of like watching Leonardo da Vinci use an etch-a-sketch. Maybe a little less drastic than that. **** it, it's generally disappointing.
              The mind still boggles how he managed to NOT win a title at some stage, with his talent and the heavyweight scene in the last decade or so, that takes some screwing up.

I hear he's making another comeback, they just need to put him in there with come forward guys who are going to stand and trade with him, I still think he flattens almost anyone in that situation

I reckon he could do Arreola tbh

Comment

He wasn't as cuddly as Butterbean

Comment

The mind still boggles how he managed to NOT win a title at some stage, with his talent and the heavyweight scene in the last decade or so, that takes some screwing up.

I hear he's making another comeback, they just need to put him in there with come forward guys who are going to stand and trade with him, I still think he flattens almost anyone in that situation
                  He was a bit of a headcase. Lewis didn't even have to work to make him shut down mentally and follow him around.

I think his trainer was the main problem. I saw Tua throw three left-hooks with absurd speed. There was some raw talent to be molded there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1PUg...ayer_embedded#! at 2:15 if you're interested.

I reckon he could do Arreola tbh
                  They could call it 'Battle of the Bulging waists'

I would love nothing more than to see Tua knock Arreola flat.

Actually I'd love to see him get Wilder too and clear out America's heavyweight "talent" so we can just claim to having done it once.

He showed he can still throw those three hooks in quick succession against Shane Cameron. That could well be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    Absolutely.

I'd love nothing more than to shrink Lennox down to a baby seal's size so that I could stuff him inside my jacket and take him to work with me. I would keep him wrapped in a baby's blankey so that he would be extra warm and cozy, and on my lunch break I would feed him the cheese squares from my ham and cheese 'Lunchables' and rub his belly.
                    lmfao
                    DDDDDDDD

Comment

was he a gentleman? definitely

Comment

Working...
                      X