Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: After Losing, I Never Complained Like Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: After Losing, I Never Complained Like Marquez

Manny Pacquiao is preparing to face his toughest boxing adversary Juan Manuel Marquez for a fourth and hopefully final time to settle the score between both combatants. While Pacquiao has won two of the three fights with the third one being a draw, a lot of people have felt those decisions should’ve gone to Marquez.

Marquez has been very vocal after each of the three fights as he argued that he deserved to get the decisions and should’ve been given the victory. This past June, Pacquiao lost a very controversial fight to Timothy Bradley in a bout where almost everyone had Pacquiao winning pretty convincingly. While the shoe was finally on the other foot, Pacquiao points out he never made a big deal of it like Marquez did. [Click Here To Read More]

U didnt complain cause uve been on the other end of three gifted decisions. Fan of pacman but he clearly lost the secound and third fight against jmm

Comment

What does it matter to Pac? He still gets paid millions. JMM doesn’t get paid like Pac does and complains to get those big money rematches.

If it was the other way around and JMM was the bigger draw, pac would be complaining too. Look at Bradley, he won and demanded a rematch... didn't matter to pac as he got paid.

Comment

but on 24/7 says complain. LOL let it happen to you 3 more times then you be on that level.

Comment

He'd complain if he believed he got robbed in a second fight against Bradley.

Comment

Pacquiao had a right to complain after the Bradley fight. That decision was pure unadulterated horse****. His fights with Marquez are at least competitive.

Comment

Of course he doesn't complain as much. When you're worried about your image and have fo be politically correct at all times you wont speak your mind the way JMM does. Good for JMM for not being a puppet and reading off flash cards

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                What does it matter to Pac? He still gets paid millions. JMM doesn’t get paid like Pac does and complains to get those big money rematches.

If it was the other way around and JMM was the bigger draw, pac would be complaining too. Look at Bradley, he won and demanded a rematch... didn't matter to pac as he got paid.
                Actually in their first fight is a good example of their characters. Neither were big names yet. JMM complained more about the decision, even after getting knocked down 3 times. When objective outsiders are still debating who won, it makes JMM look bad when he keeps insisting he clearly won all the fights.

I'm not debating who really won here. I'm just merely judging their characters based on each of their reactions to the decisions.

Comment

A few points:

1. I hope Pacquiao knocks him out this time. I'm also tired of hearing Marquez whine. Sorry, Marquez, but you have been knocked down 4 times by Pacquiao and by most fan and media's cards, you've lost twice and tied one, or at the very least, tied twice and lost once. Just because you might have won stretches of rounds, it hasn't been enough to override Pac knocking your ass down 4 times and Pac's aggressiveness.

2. Marquez is cheating and on PEDS these days. Compare pictures of Marquez from a few years ago to now. Not even close. And wasn't it Marquez who wanted blood testing with Pac a few years back, but now he doesn't want the testing and Pac does? Pretty freakin fishy and ironic if you ask me.

3. Mayweather, Arum, and Pac can all kiss my ass for being cowards and chickenshidts.

4. Pac vs. Marquez is going to bomb (less than 900k ppv buys). No buzz at all, and normally I buy all the May and Pac fights. Not this one.

5. Canelo has the 4th lined up already Floyd. Cinco de Mayo, brother. Your date. Are you going to stand up and take on a legitimate challenge with the bigger, younger, and just as quick fighter (hand speed), or are you going to wuss out and take on the lesser opponent in Guerrero on the same night or on another (less lucrative) weekend? Money or cowardice??

And I'm a big admirer or Mayweather's skills, but his inactivity, wussing out on 50 Cent, and avoiding Pac has left a bad taste in my mouth. It's a shame. This dude, had he fought Pac a few years ago and beat him, along with his Cotto win, could have cemented his legacy as not just an OTG, but potentially as THE OTG. Now? Top 20 is fair - but with an * for the reasons I stated above.

Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                    but on 24/7 says complain. LOL let it happen to you 3 more times then you be on that level.
                    3 times. 1st off none were robberies - especially considering the judge in the 1st fight admitted to making a mistake which made that fight a draw instead of a Pac win.
                    the 2nd fight, was very close but I thought a Pac win. either way, def not a robbery, not even close.
                    3rd fight, I had a draw. even if u think Marquez won, it still was not even close to the bradley fight where Pac won 9-10 rds. Like I said i thought III was even, but no way Marquez won more than 7-8 rds

Comment

Working...
                    X