Quality Sparring Gloves under $120?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple short reviews:

Lonsdale Elite Molded Foam
    These are my babies. The padding is kind of bouncy (I think a few guys on youtube do video reviews and mention this). You always land on your knuckles. The gloves look legit, the wrist support is good, the knuckle protection is beyond adequate, they pack some pop, feel very well balanced on your hands, etc. The biggest thing is the comfort. Your hands just feel right in the gloves. The material inside is outstanding. I've had friends try them on (after trying on ****ty everlast gloves and Reyes) and just be like "Whoa." I can't recommend these enough. I got mine for 80 bucks. They come with a 1 yr warranty.

Ultimate Classic
    Discontinued, so if you want 16oz your best bet is Ebay. Probably run you about a hundred bucks. They were Ringside's top line of gear. Softest padding of any sparring gloves I've felt. Great wrist padding/support. Quality seems just shy of Grant and Reyes--I'd put quality on the level of Grant's Campeon line, maybe a little higher. Top of the line in terms of comfort and utility though. Somehow feels like I hit way harder in these, despite the soft padding. These are my backup gloves for the unfortunate day when my Lonsdales are no more.

Reyes
    There is really nothing good about Reyes sparring gloves except for their quality and their narrow profile (easier to land through a guard). You can definitely hit hard in these--the padding is pretty dense already but it REALLY tightens up when you make a fist. Brand new pairs on ebay go for 100-120.

Rival Pro
    Got ahold of a pair of these in 14oz velcro. I hate velcro for sparring gloves. That said, these are awesome. Quality is very very high. For some reason these things pack a wallop. Probably the glove I'd most call a puncher's glove. Not that they're damaging gloves like Reyes, they just seem to put your wrist/fist in perfect punching position, and the padding seems to almost aid your punch. Weird. Looking to get a pair of 16oz in lace-up for easier on-off and more wrist support, which I think will have an even greater effect on power. Thinking about hanging onto the 14oz to use as bag gloves. They go for about 100 bucks.

Winning
    If you've got 200 bucks to spend go pick up a used pair off of Ebay. They typically go for 150-200 bucks with minimal use. I've never even tried on a pair, but come on, it's Winning.

Comment

Working...
    X