Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weekend Review: Tyson Fury is Finally Back in Heavyweight Mix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weekend Review: Tyson Fury is Finally Back in Heavyweight Mix

Return of Tyson Fury: The heavyweight division just got a lot more interesting. I have no idea how the former heavyweight champ will do in the ring after a 2-year layoff, which will end when he steps through the ropes to face a yet-to-be-determined opponent on June 9 in Manchester, England. No one does.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kevin Johnson on 9th June then David Price in October. Coke binge in December and back to square one come January 19'

Comment

Fury should do okay since he's in the weakest division in boxing and Muratar needs to do something besides being completely one dimensional...

Comment

If Fury is a “fart in the wind,” as Wladimir Klitschko called him, what’s Wlad? A fart in an elevator? If I remember correctly, the undisciplined Fury made Klitschko look foolish en route to a one-sided unanimous-decision victory. I don’t believe Fury would do the same thing to Joshua but it seems to me that Fury deserves more respect from Klitschko than nasty comments about bodily functions
        ================

I think OP completely misunderstood what Wlad was saying. I doubt Wlad respects Fury as a man, as a person, but he surely must respect him as a boxer who dethroned him.

And yes, Fury has got no discipline. He had enough to achieve something, but not enough to retain his achievements.

Comment

Fury is still a long way of getting into the ring. With his mental state hopefully he stays on course

Comment

Wilder, Fury <----- Warrior names

AJ <---- Druggie nickname

Comment

"Nasty comments about bodily functions". This is the fight game, not tennis, Rosenthal, you big Gaylord! Lol.

Comment

date but no opponent i'll believe it when i see him step over the ropes

Comment

I, as much as any fan would really enjoy an injection of serious HW talent into the current mix - but, having some veritable insight, experience and being around recovering addicts/alcoholics/mental health sufferers; the real rub is that addiction untreated and before it becomes the problem is like possessing superhuman skills.

It's what gives a fighter all the edges over their conventional opponents- OCD is a strange energy- think of all the sublime work all the addict/alcoholic artists produce before they hit rock bottom.

Then when they clean up, have a spiritual yet trite, banal epiphany about how they are healthy, focused and better than ever- that's really bull****. Why?

Because Addiction produces incredible results- and is the ultimate driving force behind brilliance. Once you lobotomize that person of that drive they become concerned with 'self-care', 'morality', 'living right', and that Judeo-Christian abomination - asceticism.

So a fighter may feel clear-headed, focused, not foggy, benefiting from clean living etc.. but that does not compare to the raw, visceral driving brilliance of the pre-crashed, pre-rock bottomed addict alcoholic who is so singularly driven, so angry, so wild, so confident.

The recovering addict is brainwashed by that accursed Judeo-Christian inspired 12 step program which teaches all escapism is bad, you are weak and vulnerable and need f^*cking God (like it ever helped anyone) and to cut a long story short moulds the new person into an emphasising, sensitive, mindful, questioning, simple thinking person, whose emotions and behaviours all need to be unpacked via counselling.

That's all great, but the bottom line is a fighter who's not single-minded is a shot fighter.

Tyson Fury will become a European draw, spectacle, but never scale the heights he might have earlier.

Comment

You saying Wilder and Fury are clean, yet AJ is dirty? Based on what proof?

Comment

Working...
                    X