Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Pirog isn't fighting in the US revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's haymons connection to jacobs is he advised by him?

Comment

yeah hbo doesn't want him on because all the promoters who basically run hbo don't want their guys to fight him. they aren't gonna give pirog bum fights like chavez jr or canelo so he's out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        Pffffft, pirog was trying to fight geale which showtime was interested in but geale is a hoe
        geale backed out? i never ran across an article where it said geale backed out. i must have missed it. i just thought showtime didn't pick it up. i remember reading it was being discussed on the same date as cloud/erdei and ramos/rigondeaux, or something like that.

EDIT: missed your comment before me. this is what i thought as well.

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        uh, how do you know it was Geale's fault? From what I could tell from his interviews, Geale also wanted the fight bad. He does have a fight in Australia planned, but that doesn't mean Geale was the one who bitched out. We haven't heard anything from Pirog since Geale talked about his plans.

Also remember there was plans for the fight happening in New Years and Geale was all onboard, but the Cloud fight was chosen instead. (but then cancelled)
        Last edited by chiguy91; 12-23-2011, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Pirog had done nothing to capitalize on the Jacobs win (which is overrated anyway.) And just this week he came out and said that he won't fight Golovkin until Gennady raises his popularity level.

It's a career going to waste.
          Doesn't want Lara either.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            yeah hbo doesn't want him on because all the promoters who basically run hbo don't want their guys to fight him. they aren't gonna give pirog bum fights like chavez jr or canelo so he's out of luck.
            Lara from GBP want Pirog, Pirog declined the fight.

Pirog, just another unknown fake avoided fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Doesn't want Lara either.
              If Pirog really wanted to be fighting the best available to him, Pirog could easily give up half his million dollars (even less) and give it to Lara. Lara is more than willing to go to Russia and fight Pirog for his belt.

Comment

this just shows that hbo doesn't care about making good fights. all they care about is marketing. they will never ever match any of their "hype guys" against guys that can possibly beat them. the same old parade goes on over and over. the only time they match one of their guys tough is if they control and can market the other guy as well williams-martinez, bradley-alexander. but if its williams-lara or alexander-kotelnik oops sorry lara you didn't win report back to showtime, report back to purgatory kotelnik. seriously when have you ever seen a guy who doesn't routinely fight on hbo beat an hbo hype fighter? pirog is the only one that comes to mind right away because he knocked jacobs out. he would have been robbed if he didn't just like the rest. guys like lockett, barker, mathew hatton, gomez, manfredo etc...they are chosen because they can't upset the apple cart. if they were better they wouldn't be chosen.
                Last edited by daggum; 12-23-2011, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I don't buy this crap Pirog goes on a winning streak unifies some belts then HBO has no choice.
                  Pirog ain't been spood fed by HBO but he can force their hand by winning some big fights.
                  Last edited by Boxingtech718v2; 12-23-2011, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Pffffft, pirog was trying to fight geale which showtime was interested in but geale is a hoe
                    If we're lucky, maybe the reason Geale vs Pirog isn't happening is because Lara needed an opponent for his HBO fight (Berto- Ortiz under card) and Pirog offered. We can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      If we're lucky, maybe the reason Geale vs Pirog isn't happening is because Lara needed an opponent for his HBO fight (Berto- Ortiz under card) and Pirog offered. We can only hope.
                      isnt lara fighting ronald hearns on showtime or did that card get cancelled because of excess buminess?

Comment

Working...
                      X