No announcement yet.

Here goes nothing (Shadowboxin video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here goes nothing (Shadowboxin video)

Ah, finally got the camera I needed. This is just a small 1 min. or so clip of me. For some reason its gets kinda fuzzy (sorry). I've never had a trainer, and that will prolly be a given once you see it haha :P Any suggestions would be most thankful. I think my jab isnt all the great, and well of course I need to drop my weight so, hopefully I'm not horrible lol. I'll take bad though :P

Not bad man, you've got a bit of speed for a bigger guy. You're very square though, you're a bigger guy, but I wouldn't recommend starting that square until you've at least been trained. A hard square stance is to the power puncher, what the philly shell is to a quicker guy like me. It's useful, but until you're trained in it, it's a bad idea. Also, work on those hooks. Do you have heavy bag? Shadowboxing alone isn't really enough, because you need to know how the movements feel when you're actually punching. But above all, find a trainer, if there's anything I regret, it's training too much too early without a trainer, and now being plagued with bad habits.

Props for postin' the vid,
    Trick

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
      Not bad man, you've got a bit of speed for a bigger guy. You're very square though, you're a bigger guy, but I wouldn't recommend starting that square until you've at least been trained. A hard square stance is to the power puncher, what the philly shell is to a quicker guy like me. It's useful, but until you're trained in it, it's a bad idea. Also, work on those hooks. Do you have heavy bag? Shadowboxing alone isn't really enough, because you need to know how the movements feel when you're actually punching. But above all, find a trainer, if there's anything I regret, it's training too much too early without a trainer, and now being plagued with bad habits.

Props for postin' the vid,
      Trick
      Thanks man, ya i got one. I would have used that to make the video but I was bored and it was late. Trying to be polite to the people above and besides me lol. Im honestly not quite sure what you been by square lol. I got a few names for boxing trainers around Plano, I am going to give them a call and see whats up. I use the heavy bag daily so, ill post a vid of that when i can.

Comment

Square's like standing not on an angle. Like the usual is left foot forward, right food back, so you're standing on an angle. Some of the bigger, power punchers had more a square stance.

Comment

Man, for not having a training that aint half bad, only thing i could say is when throwing your right out, keep that left up or someones gona jaw you with a left hook.

What weight you at just now?
          You gonna find a gym to box at yeah?

Anyways props to you for uploading a video
          im gonna try and upload one this afternoon if my mobile will send it to my pc.

Comment

Originally posted by Manfredo Jr View Post
            Man, for not having a training that aint half bad, only thing i could say is when throwing your right out, keep that left up or someones gona jaw you with a left hook.

What weight you at just now?
            You gonna find a gym to box at yeah?

Anyways props to you for uploading a video
            im gonna try and upload one this afternoon if my mobile will send it to my pc.
            Ya thanks man, It's a lil different when yall know wat your doing hehe, I didnt kno how bad or good I was so :P

Hoesntly, I can't tell ya, cuz I dont kno. I dont really trust scales and I really am just going off weekly pics. If I had to guess, itd be in the 260+ area, but who knows.

Its funny I joined the gym down my street for my weight training and running. And the sale manager is an ex fighter! (go figure) anyways we got to talkin and he got some people for me to meet. Some boxing trainers. So here in the next week or two, I should be gettin something goin. Ill keep yall posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear4228 View Post
              Ya thanks man, It's a lil different when yall know wat your doing hehe, I didnt kno how bad or good I was so :P

Hoesntly, I can't tell ya, cuz I dont kno. I dont really trust scales and I really am just going off weekly pics. If I had to guess, itd be in the 260+ area, but who knows.

Its funny I joined the gym down my street for my weight training and running. And the sale manager is an ex fighter! (go figure) anyways we got to talkin and he got some people for me to meet. Some boxing trainers. So here in the next week or two, I should be gettin something goin. Ill keep yall posted.
              yeah that would be great, good luck

Comment

You should really try to get some formal training. You do look like you have some good speed for your size.

Comment

make your hooks not so compact. those are illegal tyson elbow blows your throwing.And snap your 1-2's out also,your bringing it back to quickly

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
                    make your hooks not so compact. those are illegal tyson elbow blows your throwing.And snap your 1-2's out also,your bringing it back to quickly
                    =/ pretty sure I dont wanna make habit of an illegal move lol. Thanks alot VER Ill work on all that

Comment

Working...
                    X