View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 07:55 PM #3
Up and Comer

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Le_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,083.43
Total Points: 10,181.16

When I first started boxing my wrists were acting up all the time. I wrapped my hands carefully and bought decent gloves but was still learning proper technique from my trainer. And even when I was punching correctly, my wrists were simply getting used to training several times a week.

Important question: Have you been wrapping your hands properly since October? Do you have a trainer who corrects your form?

Icing your wrists for around 10 minutes after training/before going to bed is also helpful. Helped me a great deal in the first weeks anyway.

As for excruciating pain, I once strained my right wrist learning how to throw uppercuts. At first I tried to train through the pain until it became too much. So I had to rest it for about 10 days ... what did we do for 5 training sessions? Focused on conditioning and only worked with the left hand! Hell of a workout and it meant we didn't have to stop boxing entirely.

Best of luck in your training - if the pain continues go get it checked!

Last edited by Le_Grand; 01-17-2019 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Lack of clarity.
Le_Grand is offline   Reply With Quote