Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whyte-Ruiz won’t happen, both are pointing fingers... who do you believe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am definitely on Ruiz side here, Whyte was talking more about Povetkin. So I don’t get the “We offer Ruiz 5m” in the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      Whyte and Hearn made the offers to Ruiz so most likely its Ruiz that held things up..... either Ruiz has been advised by Haymon to turn the offers down or he's trying to get as much of that DAZN money as possible, he might feel that after the AJ paydays he's entitled to a monumental purse in every fight.

I don't think Whyte has a clean reputation for fights getting made but lets not forget how Ruiz conducted himself in the lead up to the AJ rematch, he wasn't exactly going along with things smoothly and that was with a signed rematch clause.
      Which offers are those?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I believe Whyte. I think he is a better fighter than Ruiz and he will fight anybody. Lots of guys don't want to fight Whyte because he is a big puncher and a good all around fighter who is very hard to beat. Whyte could be the one ducking but I have to pick one of two guys who both have fought lots of tough opponents and are not usually duckers.
        Team Whyte already claimed the Povetkin was the fight. So I don’t believe this Ruiz offer.

Comment

Haymon is likely promising Ruiz a Wilder fight. He’s got his own plans, he’s not going to put one of his top contenders with outsiders without a belt he could take back to PBC. Haymon functions in a “my fighter has to have everything to gain” mindset.
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 02-02-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Team Whyte already claimed the Povetkin was the fight. So I don’t believe this Ruiz offer.
            Why even bother reaching out to Ruiz then? Anyway. You can send more than one offer/ reach out to different parties to see what sticks.

Last edited by SplitSecond; 02-02-2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Ruiz is managed by Al Haymon who always convinces his fighters to duck the big fights.

Whyte always fights the best he can.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Why even bother reaching out to Ruiz then? Anyway. You can send more than one offer/ reach out to different parties to see what sticks.

Have just done a bit more research now, so one offer was made for the UK (Rejected) and the second offer was for the fight to happen in America (Interested) According to Team Ruiz themselves.

But between that we cannot be too sure what happened, maybe Team Ruiz wanted more money, rematch clause, A-side billings etc

Maybe Team Whyte are just trying to use his name? But like you said why make two offers if you are not serious? I don’t know...

Comment

Working...
                X