No announcement yet.

GGG is lined up for a fight late March

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RayNguyen View Post
    GGG is looking to get his IBF defense out of the way to get bigger fights (I don't know why... GGG does not have that many fights left for him). It is most likely going to be against Kamil Szeremeta 21-0 5 KOs. Weak resume.
    He’s now under contract for 6 fights, might as start with a crappy mando

Comment

His opponent's rankings
      TBRB: #8
      Ring: #7
      BoxRec: #12
      IBF: #3
      WBC: #4
      IBO: #8
      WBO: unranked
      WBA: unranked

Seems like a perfectly legit mando to me.

Comment

GGG is irrelevant now. Nobody cares about that has-been. He had his chance and pissed it away fighting B and C level fighters.

Comment

That's a terrible fight. Man's 38, he has ~4-5 fights left in him total. He just had a really tough one against Sergey and they want an easy fight, but it's a mistake IMO.

I assume he doesn't want to take a lot of damage because he's been through several wars last few years. If that's the case.. fight a highly skilled boxer who's not known for power. Andrade or Saunders come to mind.

Comment

wasting 5 months to end up fighting this guy. Not many left in the tank, I guess he has to get it out the way but what a sh## fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              wasting 5 months to end up fighting this guy. Not many left in the tank, I guess he has to get it out the way but what a sh## fight.

It's really not that bad of a fight. Much better than Rolls or Martirosyan.

Comment

I don't buy it. I think he fights Canelo next on Cinco de Mayo weekend for sure. It makes the most money and the most sense.

We will see though.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                  His opponent's rankings
                  WBO: unranked
                  WBA: unranked

Seems like a perfectly legit mando to me.
                  Agreed...don't think this is that terrible of a fight...there are better opponents we would like to see in there with GGG, but all in all it isn't that terrible of a situation

Comment

Just when you think this guy can’t get worse that Rolls he comes out with this BS opponent smh

Wtf is this crap yet watch the hypocrite here defend this ****tt and continue to bash canelo for facing guys like Kova, Jacobs etc

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                      Just when you think this guy can’t get worse that Rolls he comes out with this BS opponent smh

Wtf is this crap yet watch the hypocrite here defend this ****tt and continue to bash canelo for facing guys like Kova, Jacobs etc
                      Man I just don't really understand how you/others feel like you're the impartial ones here:

Canelo last 7
                      GGG
                      GGG
                      Kov
                      Jacobs

Fielding
                      JCC
                      Liam Smith

GGG last 7
                      Canelo
                      Canelo
                      Jacobs
                      Derevy
                      Brook

Vanes
                      Rolls

Looks like GGG has 5 top level fights out 7 and Canelo 4.

Canelo's worst 3 fights are better quality than GGG's worst 2 but at least GGG fought his guys straight up with no weight restrictions/clauses.

Comment

Working...
                      X