No announcement yet.

is 2.5lbs to much to shadow box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is 2.5lbs to much to shadow box

im a 14 year old kid the shadow boxes with 2.5 lb weigts is tht to much will i hurt my shoulders?

possibly its not too much i dont go above 3 pounds dont do it too often or too hard or yeah then youll mess up your back and shoulders

Comment

Well if u dont feel any pain or heavy pressure on ur shoulders while shadowboxing with that wieght then i think ur safe. Its better to start of a lighter weight and work ur way up..

Comment

Originally posted by boxer Of thE World
        im a 14 year old kid the shadow boxes with 2.5 lb weigts is tht to much will i hurt my shoulders?
        seems like a ******y way of u hopin that people tell u to use less weight
        if anything
        i think ya need to use more wieght
        grab some 20lb weights and get some serious training done

Comment

it's okay to use 2.5 weights.
          I use 3 pound weights and it dosen't affect me.

Comment

I started with 2 lb weights in my hands when shadowboxing. Use that weight for a while and then I'd go up to 2 1/2 lbs. I use 3 lb weights now. No need in straining the young and still growing ligaments in your elbows. Gradually increase the weight after time, youd be better off in the long run.....Rockin'

Comment

lol abdiel i did shadow box with 15 lbs and almost ripped my arms out of my sockets lol and i aint no *****

Comment

for a young person 1-2 is good

when u get older no more than 3

Comment

I'm 13 and I use 1 pound, it doesn't hurt my shoulders the next day, and I can continue my other excercises pretty normally without trouble.

Comment

No more than 3 pounds ever. Abdiel is just pulling your chain; you can injure yourself using even just five pounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X