No announcement yet.

I Got a problem hitting people

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got a problem hitting people

I have not boxed in any matches, but i have sparred and i have problem fighting with other people i am always worried that i will hurt the person and i hold back a lot and by doing this i just tend to miss the person just a bit and hardly land any punches. I know i shouldn't be having this problem with a fighting sport, but how can i go about holding back from not being stupid, but without it effecting my sparring this much. I don't mind being critisized or whatever i just want it told how it is. Maybe u guys had this problem 2 and overcame it, really need help on this one guys.

Thanks RD

Originally posted by Rushing Dude View Post
    I have not boxed in any matches, but i have sparred and i have problem fighting with other people i am always worried that i will hurt the person and i hold back a lot and by doing this i just tend to miss the person just a bit and hardly land any punches. I know i shouldn't be having this problem with a fighting sport, but how can i go about holding back from not being stupid, but without it effecting my sparring this much. I don't mind being critisized or whatever i just want it told how it is. Maybe u guys had this problem 2 and overcame it, really need help on this one guys.

Thanks RD
    If your afrais to hit someone you sould not be boxing. im not saying you have to try to kill them in sparring, but you should be hitting at about 75% depending on your oppnant

Comment

Originally posted by mickyward5656 View Post
      If your afrais to hit someone you sould not be boxing. im not saying you have to try to kill them in sparring, but you should be hitting at about 75% depending on your oppnant
      your missing his point, i know what hes talking about.. hes not afraid to hit someone... just unsure how HARD to hit in sparring...

I say I make it as rough as my competitor does

Comment

Thanks RD
        Well people in everyday life associate hitting with anger/animosoty etc. You have tell yourself that it is just a game and not personal. It's also a game where the participants gamble on their skill, the price of loosing is getting hurt but hey, that is how gambling is. The other person knows what their getting into, they understand the game. Just tell yourself that you are not trying to hurt someone, you are just playing "the game".
        Last edited by res; 02-09-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          your missing his point, i know what hes talking about.. hes not afraid to hit someone... just unsure how HARD to hit in sparring...

I say I make it as rough as my competitor does
          Yep, that's good advice if what he meant was he was unsure of HOW hard.

Comment

Thanks RD
            Sounds to me like your just not a fighter......You should probably hang em up before you get hurt. But thats just my opinion.....

Comment

Thanks RD
              then i think you are very normal person because it is not a natural thing to do BUT it sounds like you should mabey keep you boxing as only a hobbie and not compete at any level because you might get hurt holding back. boxing is fighting, and it sounds like you are too sensitive about the damage you might cause and that does not make a good boxer. the only time i think about the damage i do is when the fight or sparring is over

Comment

There trying to hurt you...thats how i look at it. But i see what you are saying and maybee your just not a aggressive guy and have trouble hitting someone. There's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Thanks RD

Forget all these people sayign quit.

It's not a normal thing, for any kind and rational man to hit someone who they're neither angry or dislike. So you've just gotta try seperate your feelings away from your sparring partner. You're not trying to hurt him, you're scoring a point. Don't try and make yourself angry.

Comment

Fairly normal response to sparring, imo.

Not sure how long you have boxed or sparred for, but if ones primary goal in sparring is to hurt the person across from them...they are probably a dick. The fact it concerns you shows you likely aren't mean-spirited and would be a cool guy in the gym.

Now that is great, but you also must test yourself and your partners. There is no reason for you to not show your best, and if you feel a person is going hard or your coach wants you to, you give that also. It for sure is going to happen in the ring so best be prepared for it.

Nothing wrong with feeling bad smoking a sparring partner, it happens and you'll get your lumps and marks too. Just try not to hold yourself back too much if you feel it is costing your development.

Comment

Working...
                    X