No announcement yet.

Getting back into it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back into it

Ok so here's my story. I started Kung Fu when I was 7 years old. Made it all the way to brown stripe and then I just got tired and bored with it all. I kind of wish I would of continued now and got my black belt but oh well. So I beleive I was 14 or 15 when I quit and took a couple years off. Then one day I decided to joing a boxing gym and I fell in love with the sport. I trained for about 5 or 6 years and had 20 or so fights. When I was 22, I twisted my knee and had to take some time off due to the injury. When it did heal, I decided to take a job opportunity up north to make more money. So basically for the last 3 years, I've been working and no play untill last week I decided to move back in the city and start training again so I can fight again. I joined the gym yesterday and today was officially my first day of training. I have to tell you, I can't beleive the shaoe I was in when I used to fight. I used to run 5miles 4 times a week and today I didn't even run half of one before I had to stop and take my breath again. I've never smoked so that's not the problem. I've als been dieting for the last week. I lost 15 pounds in a week and have about 10 more to go. I want to fight at the weight I used to fight at which is between 140 and 147. I was walking around 155 when I used to fight at that weight. I'm not sure if I can still make it but I'll try. It's hard in the amatures as you have to weigh in the day of the fight. I'm sure I could make it if i was pro as I just have to dehydrate the day before. Going pro is also one of my goals. I don't care if I dn't make it big. I just want to say I did it before I hang up the gloves.

So anyway, I just thought I would start a little thread of me getting in shape. I should be in fighting shape again within a couple of months.

Oh and just wanted to give you guys my crash diet I'm on. I know a lot of people always ask how to lose weight and I kind of shake my head because it's really simple. Eliminate the fats and the carbs out of your diet. If you have fat to lose, you WILL lose the fat. Eat small prtions of meals 4 or 5 times a day. Yes you will feel hungry and out a little tired but the key is to tough it up and work out anyway. But even then, you will lose weight without working out. I lost 15 pounds in 5 days and was driving for 3 days 11 hours a day.

Comment

Working...
    X