Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruiz: I Would've Stopped AJ In Dramatic Fashion If It Continued

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    Yes slow. So, we can`t pretend like we know how would Wilder - Ruiz look like. Ruiz is young and fast.
    Man Ruiz is 29 almost 30 years old. He ain't no young spring chicken. Same age as AJ. These guys pushing 30 let's stop acting like that's 25-26..

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
      You need to have a look back abit. Ive never thought AJ was the top man, and have no problem with Ruiz getting a great win. But Deontay hasnt fought a young fast handed good puncher. He fought a good boxer coming from a very bad layoff and lost in most peoples eyes. He fought an old shot Ortiz who was actually suffering from an illness and struggled through. Hes fought no one who hits like Joshua. He might beat him, but he could get chinned himself. What good fighter did he stop in one or two rounds? Let me know when he fights a good young puncher.
      You need to face the facts man and the fact is Andy Ruiz Jr can't beat Wilder. Ruiz likely would go into that fight leery of Wilder's power from the jump knowing he was put down by AJ who doesn't hit with the same velocity or power as Wilder.

It comes so fast that most of Wilder's opponents don't even see the punch coming, next thing they know they are on their back or face wondering WTF just happened

Wilder is all wrong for a guy like Ruiz with his speed, angles & awkward style.
      Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 06-03-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Ruiz beat Joshua, not Wilder. We dont know if Wilder wouldve beaten Joshua. Every1 wants to discredit Joshua and downplay Ruizs win like it shouldve been Wilders. Imo Wilder is just as flawed as AJ. To top that off, Ruiz is more athletic & fundementally sound then both too.

Anyways, I really hope Ruiz beats Wilders ass now. I really liked the bronze bomber but his fan base since Ruizs win has become as annoying as Floyds after JMM KOd Manny.
        His fan base is annoying? Wilder and us (his fans) have been constantly ridiculed and insulted by the cuckold british fans. All the talk of ducking and nonsense about A-sides and B-sides. Not to mention the claims of A.J's " great" resume. That resume now show's his punk ass getting knocked the fu.k out!

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
          I mean do you think Ruiz could say the rematch has to be in Mexico

Whatever happens Ruiz is about to be crazy loaded
          The fight as ZERO Chance being in Mexico. and maybe a 20% in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
            You need to face the facts man and the fact is Andy Ruiz Jr can't beat Wilder. Ruiz likely would go into that fight leery of Wilder's power from the jump knowing he was put down by AJ who doesn't hit with the same velocity or power as Wilder.

It comes so fast that most of Wilder's opponents don't even see the punch coming, next thing they know they are on their back or face wondering WTF just happened

Wilder is all wrong for a guy like Ruiz with his speed, angles & awkward style.
            Well its only a fact when he does it man. Ruiz doesnt stand off anyone. Wilders never faced a fast handed puncher, but he has been outboxed, wobbled and floored in hes career, and he has a very low workrate. Wilders has fought just young guy, who was not a puncher and was coming from a bad layoff. Theres no one even similar to Ruiz on hes record, not even a Parker. Lets see how he does with a decent puncher who doesn't have high blood pressure and isnt old and shot first.

Comment

Well its only a fact when he does it man. Ruiz doesnt stand off anyone. Wilders never faced a fast handed puncher, but he has been outboxed, wobbled and floored in hes career, and he has a very low workrate. Wilders has fought just young guy, who was not a puncher and was coming from a bad layoff. Theres no one even similar to Ruiz on hes record, not even a Parker. Lets see how he does with a decent puncher who doesn't have high blood pressure and isnt old and shot first.
              I don't know why people are saying Ruiz is young. He's pushing 30 years old dude. That man ain't no spring chicken lol.

Styles make fights and Wilder and Ruiz style just don't mix well for a guy like Ruiz. Wilder is a lot more faster and agile than AJ and he won't stand there in range to be hit with counters like AJ did.

I'd be willing to bet Wilder would finish Ruiz in less than 5 rounds rather easily. Wilder is not AJ.

Comment

I don't know why people are saying Ruiz is young. He's pushing 30 years old dude. That man ain't no spring chicken lol.

Styles make fights and Wilder and Ruiz style just don't mix well for a guy like Ruiz. Wilder is a lot more faster and agile than AJ and he won't stand there in range to be hit with counters like AJ did.

I'd be willing to bet Wilder would finish Ruiz in less than 5 rounds rather easily. Wilder is not AJ.
                At any other weight id agree with you, but at heavyweight 30 is still relatively young, especially if you haven't took much damage. Tbh, i didnt know how good Ruiz was but he has some serious handspeed and throws in combinations. Hes defence is deceptive too. I think he'd have a good chance with anyone, and Deontay sure has a habit of bringing hes left down low near hes hip, pretty dangerous against that fast overhand right Andy throws. If Ruiz beats AJ again we need to see this fight, boxing needs it.

Comment

At any other weight id agree with you, but at heavyweight 30 is still relatively young, especially if you haven't took much damage. Tbh, i didnt know how good Ruiz was but he has some serious handspeed and throws in combinations. Hes defence is deceptive too. I think he'd have a good chance with anyone, and Deontay sure has a habit of bringing hes left down low near hes hip, pretty dangerous against that fast overhand right Andy throws. If Ruiz beats AJ again we need to see this fight, boxing needs it.
                  That whole small men get older quicker chit is nothing but a myth. Pure BS. 30 is 30 no matter how big or small you are. I never said it was old but It's still no spring chicken at any size, and it's certainly not young for a boxer either. I don't know why people even buy into that, there's no proof of that being true at all.

The average age for retirement as a boxer is somewhere around 33-34.

I stand firm on Ruiz being a rather easy opponent for Wilder, I think the AJ fight has people confused about his actual chances. If Wilder catches Ruiz with a big shot like AJ the likelihood of Ruiz recovering like he did is minimal.

Usually when AJ scores a KD dudes get back up and fight. When Wilder scores a KD dudes either get up punch drunk or not at all.
                  Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 06-04-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

That whole small men get older quicker chit is nothing but a myth. Pure BS. 30 is 30 no matter how big or small you are. I never said it was old but It's still no spring chicken at any size, and it's certainly not young for a boxer either. I don't know why people even buy into that, there's no proof of that being true at all.

The average age for retirement as a boxer is somewhere around 33-34.

I stand firm on Ruiz being a rather easy opponent for Wilder, I think the AJ fight has people confused about his actual chances. If Wilder catches Ruiz with a big shot like AJ the likelihood of Ruiz recovering like he did is minimal.

Usually when AJ scores a KD dudes get back up and fight. When Wilder scores a KD dudes either get up punch drunk or not at all.
                    Well not really, lighter fighters become less effective with age because they cant fight the weight anymore and end up in divisions that dont suit their frame. Not so at heavyweight. Its not like its just George Foreman who remained effective at advanced ages, its guys like Holyfield, Holmes, Lennox Lewis, Vitali and Wlad. Who you got at middle, Bhop? May and Pac maybe but mostly in general bigger men peak later. But this is off the main point.Wilder knocks some guys out, but how many at Ruiz level. Hes not icing top level men with one shot. He couldnt ice old Ortiz with just the one, and Ortiz was far from physically right. A badly laidoff Tyson Fury got back up, this is a guy who was put down by Cunningham. Even Stiverne, when in decent shape wasnt iced early.Nor was Molina, nor was Washington, Deontay might devastate Breazele, but i saw Breazele getting bounced off the floor by a cruiserweight not long ago. Nothing to say Ruiz will be overly vulnerable either, hes defence aint bad. Hes survived good puncher, big men like AJ and Parker. But has Deontay ever fought a fast handed puncher like Ruiz. I can't name one. I think Ruiz takes Deontay out too.

Comment

Well not really, lighter fighters become less effective with age because they cant fight the weight anymore and end up in divisions that dont suit their frame. Not so at heavyweight. Its not like its just George Foreman who remained effective at advanced ages, its guys like Holyfield, Holmes, Lennox Lewis, Vitali and Wlad. Who you got at middle, Bhop? May and Pac maybe but mostly in general bigger men peak later. But this is off the main point.Wilder knocks some guys out, but how many at Ruiz level. Hes not icing top level men with one shot. He couldnt ice old Ortiz with just the one, and Ortiz was far from physically right. A badly laidoff Tyson Fury got back up, this is a guy who was put down by Cunningham. Even Stiverne, when in decent shape wasnt iced early.Nor was Molina, nor was Washington, Deontay might devastate Breazele, but i saw Breazele getting bounced off the floor by a cruiserweight not long ago. Nothing to say Ruiz will be overly vulnerable either, hes defence aint bad. Hes survived good puncher, big men like AJ and Parker. But has Deontay ever fought a fast handed puncher like Ruiz. I can't name one. I think Ruiz takes Deontay out too.
                      Dude Donaire is 36-37 Pacquiao is 40 Floyd just retired at 40 Marquez fought til like 40 the list goes on and on.. that age chit is BS man lol 30 is 30 it's not a spring chicken no matter your size, Ruiz is not a young boxer. Like I said it's just a saying, a myth, that hasn't been proven to be true at all....

And TBH who has Ruiz beat outside of AJ? He's on the level of a Chris Arreola imo, who Wilder already beat. Wilder is not going to lose to a dude that's 5'11 maybe 6'0 that just not going to happen. Sorry... Timing beats fast hands everybody should know that and Wilder is probably 2X as fast as AJ himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X