No announcement yet.

Official Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From today's Wall Street Journal:

Olaf Carlson-Wee Rode the Bitcoin Boom to Silicon Valley Riches. Can He Survive the Crash?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/olaf-ca...ash-1536681364

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Yep. Any anti-BTC type who's jacking off to this down year in crypto is the type who'd freak out cuz Tesla lost some money cuz Elon Musk smoked weed on Joe Rogan's podcast & sell that when it might really be a buy opportunity for those with long term faith in Tesla. This type of sh^t ain't for them anyway.

The long game is gonna be where winners & losers are decided. This is all just starting out. BTC hasn't even been around 10 years yet. I guarantee you "when BTC was 6k" or "under 10k" will be stated as a great previous time to invest in the future by cats who didn't buy lol.

And thats not to say it doesn't go lower tomorrow or 2 months from now, but unless you got a terminal illness or have no backbone tomorrow & 2 months from now is meaningless when the long game is 3, 5, 10, 20 years down the line.
      100%. If you go look at the weekly or monthly chart, you'll see that the current bear is just a correction.

2018 is probably the last year a "normal" person could hold or buy one bitcoin. I'm loving these times tbh. Making money on bitmex, shorting BTC whilst waiting on it to hit my targets so I can move in the cavalry.

All at the same time, accumulating 10000s of XRP and ZRX, NEO, ETH at these ridiculous prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        From today's Wall Street Journal:

Olaf Carlson-Wee Rode the Bitcoin Boom to Silicon Valley Riches. Can He Survive the Crash?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/olaf-ca...ash-1536681364
        Get in while you still can.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Get in while you still can.
          He shouldn't buy through Coinbase but it's sister site GDAX (now coinbase pro) where the trading happens. If you are a market maker or taker it's no fees.

I know a little because I have made a little bit of money on the arbitrage between US and foreign markets. I didn't put a lot of zeros behind my investment so the reward wasn't great but probably could have been.

Blockchain is still in its infancy so as practical applications come out we can see what should be truly valued and what is a ponzi scheme
          Last edited by jreckoning; 09-12-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            He shouldn't buy through Coinbase but it's sister site GDAX (now coinbase pro) where the trading happens. If you are a market maker or taker it's no fees.

I know a little because I have made a little bit of money on the arbitrage between US and foreign markets. I didn't put a lot of zeros behind my investment so the reward wasn't great but probably could have been.

Blockchain is still in its infancy so as practical applications come out we can see what should be truly valued and what is a ponzi scheme
            I personally use Kraken for investments, as the coinbase fees are too high for my liking.

Wouldn't recommend trading to a newbie, they'll lose all of their money on the first day.

Comment

I personally use Kraken for investments, as the coinbase fees are too high for my liking.

Wouldn't recommend trading to a newbie, they'll lose all of their money on the first day.
              If they set a limit order when they sell and left it alone, they would be fine. But you're right.
              They probably wouldn't do that.
              Last edited by jreckoning; 09-12-2018, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                If they set a limit order when they sell and left it alone, they would be fine. But you're right.
                They probably wouldn't do that.
                But they'd still have to know what they were doing, and I've seen far too many noobs lose all their funds because they thought they were too smart

Comment

• What are people's thoughts on Iota and the Tangle?

Its currently around $0.55 usd which is well down on several months ago. I could certainly see it jumping back to around the $2 usd mark before too long.

I'm personally interested in this one due to Iota being used in Taipei.

https://technode.com/2018/03/14/taipei-iota/

Comment

• This thread is the thread that keeps on giving

Comment

But they'd still have to know what they were doing, and I've seen far too many noobs lose all their funds because they thought they were too smart
                      I do think Boston Guy seems smart and sensible and if he has seen a stock ticker it would take him 5 minutes to figure it out after watching a video.

I didn't ever buy any crypto for speculation. For me it was strictly arbitrage between the US and Asian markets and to literally collect gambling winnings.

Comment

Working...
                      X