Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Jacobs passes on IBF 2nd day weigh in!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    I knew it, not cool by the way... but too much time in between the 2 weighins ...
    what 24 hours?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      For some skipping the IBF 2nd day weigh is about to go from cheating to smart business man tactics.
      haha you know it LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
        what 24 hours?
        Friday morning to Saturday night, more like 38 hours.

Comment

Damn!! I bet Amir Khan is screaming at the TV saying Jacobs is 225 pounds

Comment

what 24 hours?
            Yep, too much time imo...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
              Yep, too much time imo...
              Why? The closer to the fight the better imo

Would like to see weight cutting eradicated from the sport altogether someday

Comment

Could be that the early morning weigh-in on Friday made it too long for Danny to keep his weight down before fight time.

He did a 2nd day weigh-in for the Mora rematch in September b/c PA commission requires it. The IBF is an optional rule.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  Why? The closer to the fight the better imo

Would like to see weight cutting eradicated from the sport altogether someday
                  Yes, but the first weighin was way too early, it wouldnt been the same if it was only 12 hours apart instead of 24, that was too much advantage for jacobs to let go, im not saying is right but i understand why he did it..
                  Maybe you miss understood, we were referring to the time in between the two weighins...
                  Last edited by icha; 03-18-2017, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    Friday morning to Saturday night, more like 38 hours.
                    but its currently 9 in the morning in NYC...

Jacobs was supposed to weigh in in the last hour or so.. so its only 24 hours.

I fail to see who 24 hours is too much time between weigh ins like people are suggesting its hard to not go over putting on 10 pounds in that time frame INCLUDING sleeping.

Jacobs passed up because he wants weight advantage and is willing to forego the IBF to have that advantage.. simple. But saying 24 hours is too long between weigh ins insane.

Comment

but its currently 9 in the morning in NYC...

Jacobs was supposed to weigh in in the last hour or so.. so its only 24 hours.

I fail to see who 24 hours is too much time between weigh ins like people are suggesting its hard to not go over putting on 10 pounds in that time frame INCLUDING sleeping.

Jacobs passed up because he wants weight advantage and is willing to forego the IBF to have that advantage.. simple. But saying 24 hours is too long between weigh ins insane.
                      What I'm referring to is a typical weigh-in would be about 5pm on a Friday, then the IBF rehydration check would be 9am Saturday morning. So you weigh in on Friday, have a light meal, little exercise, goto bed, wake up, weigh in, eat normal.

But for Danny to weigh-in Friday morning, that mean he had all day he had to keep his weight from going up = stressful.

Yeah I agree, he wants the weight advantage over the title, but I think it would've been too much stress on him to keep it down all day on Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the low 180's come fight time. Figure on a 10lbs weight advantage over Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X