Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Did Rolando Romero have Ryan Garcia shook up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple R brings the pain, if he works on his fundamentals like distance control, working the jab to set up shots and be patient then he can go far!

He already has power, killer instincts, and is willing to get rough which is good when facing boxers who are faster than you and use the ring!

Sharpen up the tools and he’ll be co main event someday and possibly main event cuz stopping bums in devastation shows he’s not lacking in excitement and power!

Floyd is promoting him more so we’ll see more of him soon!

Comment

This guy you can't even find his fights because almost none were/are even televised. What little hype he has is from a sparring session when Ryan was in highschool. And he edited the sparring video. The full sparring showed Ryan whooping him the first half then the second half turned into wrestling. cheap shots, dirty headbutts, elbows, low blows. That shyt don't translate in a real professional fight. In the pro's he would of been DQ'd or knocked out. Ryan is way better then he was when they sparred and is way ahead his progression as a pro. Ryan is on the cusp of a world title shot he has already beaten better fighters and it would be a step down if he fought this guy who is years away from even being a contender. Even Floyd isn't high on this kid which is why he isn't putting him on his high profile cards and burying on the fight cards he does put him on. Legit almost all his fights if you can find them are one of his buddies recording them on cellphone in front of a empty arena. He's older then Ryan, turned pro before Ryan, signed with a promoter before ryan yet he has only 9 pro fights while Ryan has double that. That shows you where he stands as priority and the quality of prospect his promoter thinks he is. If Mayweather Promotions thought he was something special they would be pushing him like that but they aren't and nobody has this guy on their top prospects lists.

ESPN's top prospects of 2018
      http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-prospect-year

ESPN's top prospect of 2017
      http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ht-ryan-garcia

This dude isn't listed on anybody top boxing prosepcts and he's been screaming Ryan's name since 2017 and still nobody cares about him including his own promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Romero definitely looks powerful, awkward and kind of sloppy. But that combination could be good enough to make it pretty far. His physicality bothered Garcia in some of the sparring clips I watched, but Romero was so sloppy in big spurts of the session. Dude is also dirty as hell and the reason Lopez stopped sparring him LOL.
        He is sloppy, wild and dirty. I'm not even sure he is a big puncher. He just rough houses and fouls you. Here is a brawl he started from sparring somebody else after he did the same dirty shyt he was doing with Ryan and the guy finally had enough and whooped his azzz. This isn't what sparring is about. Even Teo who is buddies with him said flat out I used to spar him but he kept elbowing me and doing crazy shyt and I said ok no more sparring this dude. Said I love him but he knows what he's doing and sneaking with that shyt.

Romero himself said that he can't get world class sparring and has to pay fighters to spar him. top fighters don't want to risk getting cut from a elbow and there is nothing to learn or practice when 1 guy is try trying to wrestle and foul you. Let alone have your buddy record it then edit the video and throw it on social media to bash the other guy.
        Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-23-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
          Garcia looked uncomfortable and didn't even want to say Rolando's name when the reporter asked who that was.

you need to read between the lines...he didnt look uncomfortable and when they asked him who rolando was he said THATS NOBODY meaning he is a nobody and nobody has ever heard of him...why give rollie exposure by mentioning his name

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            He is sloppy, wild and dirty. I'm not even sure he is a big puncher. He just rough houses and fouls you. Here is a brawl he started from sparring somebody else after he did the same dirty shyt he was doing with Ryan and the guy finally had enough and whooped his azzz. This isn't what sparring is about. Even Teo who is buddies with him said flat out I used to spar him but he kept elbowing me and doing crazy shyt and I said ok no more sparring this dude. Said I love him but he knows what he's doing and sneaking with that shyt.

Romero himself said that he can't get world class sparring and has to pay fighters to spar him. top fighters don't want to risk getting cut from a elbow and there is nothing to learn or practice when 1 guy is try trying to wrestle and foul you. Let alone have your buddy record it then edit the video and throw it on social media to bash the other guy.
            Nah, he is a big puncher, that much is clear. Just look at how he slept his prior opponent. Punching power is there, it's the other questions about his skill set.

I agree with Eff Pandas though that Romero probably beats Garcia if they fight now. Romero would have too much dog for him and fight dirty to the point that Garcia wouldn't be able to take it.

Comment

He might look uncomfortable not because he's scared but because he's a professional that handles it in the ring and not with the bs.

"let's jump that ninja, let's jump that ninja". Wtf? I cringed with each syllables.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Nah, he is a big puncher, that much is clear. Just look at how he slept his prior opponent. Punching power is there, it's the other questions about his skill set.

I agree with Eff Pandas though that Romero probably beats Garcia if they fight now. Romero would have too much dog for him and fight dirty to the point that Garcia wouldn't be able to take it.
                Who has he fought to gauge his power? He's not even fighting the level of opponents Ryan was knocking out more impressively TWO YEARS ago. His last 2 opponents were 578 and 787 ranked on boxrec at light. Both coming off losses in their fight before they fought him both already been knocked out before him. He's older then Ryan and still hasn't been scheduled a 8 or 10 round fight. He's a 6 round fighter knocking out dudes that coming into the ring with their lowes 9 to 5 vest on. When the best thing anyone can say about you as a fighter is you wrestled the hell out that guy in that edited sparring video years ago. If he was putting in work as a actual fighter then the folks who rate prospects and rate fighters would be mentioning him and his own promoter wouldn't have him opening cards with 15 fights scheduled. What promoter does that if you think you have a top prospect? lol

If they fight now or EVER he will either be knocked out or DQ'd by the ref for dirty fouls.
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-23-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Had a good Sparring Session with each other, Ryan had the Speed Advantage, Rolly had the Physical Advantage...

Ryan seemed slightly more Polished than Rolly and more cleaner but Rolly roughed him up a bit too. Ryan is the one that runs his mouth so don't make him a victim when guys react to him and claim they're coming after him because they're "Jealous" NO Ryan runs his mouth and guys react by CHALLENGING HIM which is what Fighters are suppose to do!

All are good young talents, going to be fun seeing all of them fight each other eventually. Rolly been DESTROYING his opponents with some Vicious Knockouts his Power is NO JOKE

View this post on Instagram

@rolliesss put another one to sleep.

A post shared by Floyd Mayweather (@floydmayweather) on

Last edited by sicko; 05-23-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Had a good Sparring Session with each other, Ryan had the Speed Advantage, Rolly had the Physical Advantage...

Ryan was beating his azzz landing clean lefts that would of dropped or knocked him out without headgear on. Then late the fight turns and goes from a sparring session to a straight up wrestling and fouling. Elbows, rabbit punches, headbutts and dirty tactics that no ref would allow and would get you DQ'd in a real fight and he did that against a highschool kid with no experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Who has he fought to gauge his power? He's not even fighting the level of opponents Ryan was knocking out more impressively TWO YEARS ago. His last 2 opponents were 578 and 787 ranked on boxrec at light. Both coming off losses in their fight before they fought him both already been knocked out before him. He's older then Ryan and still hasn't been scheduled a 8 or 10 round fight. He's a 6 round fighter knocking out dudes that coming into the ring with their lowes 9 to 5 vest on. When the best thing anyone can say about you as a fighter is you wrestled the hell out that guy in that edited sparring video years ago. If he was putting in work as a actual fighter then the folks who rate prospects and rate fighters would be mentioning him and his own promoter wouldn't have him opening cards with 15 fights scheduled. What promoter does that if you think you have a top prospect? lol

If they fight now or EVER he will either be knocked out or DQ'd by the ref for dirty fouls.
                      He needs to get moving no doubt, but his style will just bug Garcia at the current moment. Garcia looked very uncomfortable in that sparring session and his body hasn't matured yet where he is able to handle this type of style. Not even saying Romero is that good, because I don't see him as a blue chip prospect or anything. But he looks to be physically strong, could punch and has no problem making it nasty on the inside. Garcia would definitely need a Kenny Bayless type of referee for that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X