No announcement yet.

Froch Suffering From Parkinson's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch Suffering From Parkinson's

In contrast to many other neurological disorders, the nature of the brain degeneration that produces Parkinson's disease has been well understood for decades. The symptoms are caused by loss of nerve cells that secrete dopamine in a tiny midbrain area called the substantia nigra. These nerve cells, for reasons that are not fully understood, are especially vulnerable to damage of various sorts, including drugs, disease, and head trauma

Is anyone else worried about this happening to him?

Past episodes of head trauma are reported more frequently by individuals with Parkinson's disease than by others in the population. A recent methodologically strong retrospective study found that those who have experienced a head injury are four times more likely to develop Parkinson’s disease than those who have never suffered a head injury.

is he actually suffering from parkinsons? wouldn't surprise me if he was he takes waaaaaayyyy too many punches

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
      is he actually suffering from parkinsons? wouldn't surprise me if he was he takes waaaaaayyyy too many punches
      No, but I'm saying - he could develop it.

Look at Roach and Ali. Both have Parkinson's because of boxing. Both had defense though.

Comment

it can happen to any fighter, even guys that were never really involved in many wars.

At the same time, some guys that were involved in tough fights their entire careers might be perfectly normally in their old age.

Comment

Most likely not going to happen.

Comment

What the hell. That was random picking Froch out of the many boxers out there. It could happen to anyone who suffers from repeated head trauma.

Comment

Originally posted by Madlib View Post
              What the hell. That was random picking Froch out of the many boxers out there. It could happen to anyone who suffers from repeated head trauma.
              Have you not seen Froch box?

Comment

I wouldn't put froch at the top of any list for most likely to get parkinsons. The guy has no wars and is 31 already, there are plenty of others you should worry about first. From the title of the thread i thought you had an inside scoop, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  it can happen to any fighter, even guys that were never really involved in many wars.

At the same time, some guys that were involved in tough fights their entire careers might be perfectly normally in their old age.
                  Yeah, look at George Foreman. He's a veteran of 80+ fights, has had his share of wars, and has took some huge shots in his career but he's healthy and very sharp mentally...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Yeah, look at George Foreman. He's a veteran of 80+ fights, has had his share of wars, and has took some huge shots in his career but he's healthy and very sharp mentally...
                    I bet you Froch has taken more shots to the head than Foreman has in those 80 fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X