No announcement yet.

Frozen Veg...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Veg...?

Now I know when it comes to food fresh is definately best, but sadly my local shops/stores dont tend to sell much by way of fresh fruit and veg, which leaves me buying only frozen veg.

So my question is how much of the good stuff (vit's, minerals, antioxidants ect.) are lost in the process....?

I heard it can be better because they freeze it straight away.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought it'd be a problem. All my veg is frozen

Comment

They only pick the best veg to be frozen. Its just as good as the fresh variety!

Comment

They are never as good as the fresh, buy the fresh and you will see but frozen veggies have gotten much better.

Comment

As mentioned, frozen veggies are picked fresh then frozen- often within a few hours of each other. Not as good as fresh from the garden or purchased in the farmers market, but certainly better than canned, and can be better than some so-called fresh at the grocery. Remember, the vegetables at the grocery were probably picked weeks ago, then transported, refrigerated (sometimes near frozen), chemically enhanced with preservatives, then put in the produce section of the grocery.

The other good thing about frozen veggies, is that you can place the bag on an injured area instead of ice. It's actually better than ice.

Comment

Well cheers folks.

Until the day I get myself a nice garden (which doesnt look like happening anytime soon).

I shall continue (happily) eating my frozen goods.

Comment

Working...
              X