Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao Resumes Role As The Face Of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    nice pivot attempt.
    Well if manny is not the face of boxing then why are u in here again? This thread got u to come post In here in a thread all about manny. But manny is not the face of boxing right... Dunn it's ok, u can't always have what u want. I thought we Learned this already in elementary school?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
      Well if manny is not the face of boxing then why are u in here again? This thread got u to come post In here in a thread all about manny. But manny is not the face of boxing right... Dunn it's ok, u can't always have what u want. I thought we Learned this already in elementary school?
      I posted in this thread to criticize the writer and his argument. Then when people responded I tried to have some fun. If my posting in here equates to manny being the face of boxing, well hey I posted in a raushee warren thread too.

Comment

• i think that the fact that manny receives more mainstream attention than any other fighter validates the point that he is the face of boxing, and mayweather comes in at second....i've seen him as one of the guests on rediculousness

im just interested in who becomes the next face of boxing, or will we just have a void and no one is the mainstream face?.....someone has to step up after manny retires

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          I posted in this thread to criticize the writer and his argument. Then when people responded I tried to have some fun. If my posting in here equates to manny being the face of boxing, well hey I posted in a raushee warren thread too.
          But I haven't seen u criticize the writer one bit. And if u did already, then u made ur point why continue to post in here if Manny is not the face of boxing?? For a person who is not the face of boxing he sure does attract quite a crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
            But I haven't seen u criticize the writer one bit. And if u did already, then u made ur point why continue to post in here if Manny is not the face of boxing?? For a person who is not the face of boxing he sure does attract quite a crowd.
            I did in my initial post, and I wouldn't have made another except I politely responded to just about everyone that quoted me, something which you are criticizing me for. I mean thats good NSB etiquette. It has nothing to do with Manny's status as the face of Manilla or wild rabbit or pistachios, which I love but will stop eating since they didn't give the commercial to a black man.

WHen is Manny fighting again?

Comment

• Originally posted by b morph View Post
              i think that the fact that manny receives more mainstream attention than any other fighter validates the point that he is the face of boxing, and mayweather comes in at second....i've seen him as one of the guests on rediculousness

im just interested in who becomes the next face of boxing, or will we just have a void and no one is the mainstream face?.....someone has to step up after manny retires
              I don't think Pacquiao or Floyd are the face of boxing. Floyd don't fight that much and Pacquiao is fighting someone for the 4th time he should have done off in the 3rd fight with all the advantages he had going into the fight. Both are the most mainstream fighters in boxing but the face? Nah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
                No sir, Pac did not single out any fighter when he signed and my main point is all these die hard fans didn't care about him too much either UNTIL he and his team claimed before and after each of their fights that Floyd is scared of him! And Pacman's insistence of saying "everybody knows I beat Bradley" is not a reason to ignore the rematch. It just seems to me that they are intimidated by Tim's stamina and determination, and Marquez4 is a safer fight.
                We can't get ANY good fights between GB and TR and Arum has publicly stated that you will not face his stable unless you sign wit him so I just want to know how we understand this with anybody else, but Floyd is just scared??
                One more thing you are incorrect, it was Mosley who approached Roach, who then stated "Mosley is simply too good and Im not putting my guy in with him" until Floyd beat him. Don't get me wrong I like Pac and I hope he destroys Marquez but we can scrape the whole "he fights the best" B.S
                Where the f.uck do you guys get this from??? I'm not a die hard Pacquiao fan, but I'm going respond to this, because I see this s.hit above posted a lot. As a casual fan, I did not know who the f.uck Mayweather or Pacquiao were until they fought De La Hoya. And even after Mayweather beat De La Hoya, I only began watching him, when he came back to fight Marquez, to see him lose. At least Pacquiao's fights were exciting and entertaining for the viewers. So to say Pacquiao is only known, because "he's the guy that's suppose to fight Mayweather," is a bunch of bull.
                Last edited by Infamous; 12-04-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  Very good comment.
                  lolz.. really funny seeing posters replying to their own alts

Comment

• Larry Merchant is the face of boxing.

Comment

• AH yes, better than I expected !!!!!!

Pac "*IS*" the face of boxing !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X