Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Diaz has the best homefield advantage in the world; Close fight no robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Diaz has the best homefield advantage in the world; Close fight no robbery

I am back from the fight and it was amazing. The atmosphere was like no other. Us Juan Diaz fans are the best right now in boxing if you consider Hatton and his fans retired. Hearing the crowd on TV did not do justice. We were much louder than that i thought. And every single punch Juan Landed the roof nerly exploded from the arena. Unless he fights Marquez there again, Diaz will always have a huge advantage with his fans here in Houston. Paulie got an hear full of boos from when he entered the ring until after when he was being a huge d-bag. The boos loud i couldnt understand what he was saying on the speakers.

Now for the fight. I believe the cut early on with Juan Diaz affected him and prevented him from getting into a rhythm. Paulie's speed and movement made it almost impossible for him to settle down. If you look at Diaz recent fights you saw how well he starts out every fight.

Anyways I feel it was a very close fight and could have gone either way. Juan Diaz landed the harder and more telling blows than Paulie. Paulie landed ping ping ping and boxed circles in the rounds he won. Diaz was snapping his head back with just about every punch he landed. He was even hurt and wobbled a few times.

Also imo if you are going to beat Juan Diaz in front of a crowd like that i think you need to do a lot more than what Paulie did. The crowd's reaction to everything really helped to sway judges. From what i saw Juan was getting hit but by nothing major or he would block them.

Lastly there were 3 scuffles in the crowd and 1 fight that looked pretty huge. One scuffle took place 4 rows in front of me in round 8 of the Guerrero fight i believe. I was sent txts of how on tv you could see the crowd looking away. In the major fight that was like 6 sections to the right of me the 2 guys were falling down rows fighting each other and one of them got stabbed. I am not sure if it was just 2 guys fighting it could have been more.

Anyways i hope this gets a lot of responses i really had an awesome time last night

did you meet any other boxingscene'ers

Comment

I met htowntexan, he is a badass guy.

Also i think everyone should watch this fight without the anti juan diaz commentary by Max Kellerman and Howard Lederman.

I saw a prefight interview with Lederman on youtube and itwas obvious to me he was hoping Malignaggi would win. I remember he was also subtley pulling for him against Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
        I met htowntexan, he is a badass guy.

Also i think everyone should watch this fight without the anti juan diaz commentary by Max Kellerman and Howard Lederman.

I saw a prefight interview with Lederman on youtube and itwas obvious to me he was hoping Malignaggi would win. I remember he was also subtley pulling for him against Hatton.

I agree that Kellerman and Lederman were somewhat biased toward their fellow New Yorker.

Comment

No offense to the good Houston fans but I thought that crowd was disrespectful, almost like a MMA crowd. The constant boos in the first two fights(which both were decently exciting)was pretty annoying. They didn't seem very knowledgeable at all either. Every punch Juan threw they cheered their hearts out even though most boxing fans realize Juans punches don't have much ooooh and ahhhh factor to them and a lot just hit the gloves. Not to mention booing Paulie for disagreeing with the decision was pretty bad, how can anyone disagree with Paulie having beef with that decision? I like the passion but the Houston crowd needs to step their game up and be more respectful and knowledgeable about the fight game.

Comment

I wanted diaz to win, but this was a complete robbery.

my card and leddermans card were the same. now i can see how i might have mis judged a round but that would still leave paulie up by 1 pt.

But i thought it was gonna be a draw, cuz of the biased judges.

BTW im from Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
              No offense to the good Houston fans but I thought that crowd was disrespectful, almost like a MMA crowd. The constant boos in the first two fights(which both were decently exciting)was pretty annoying. They didn't seem very knowledgeable at all either. Every punch Juan threw they cheered their hearts out even though most boxing fans realize Juans punches don't have much ooooh and ahhhh factor to them and a lot just hit the gloves. Not to mention booing Paulie for disagreeing with the decision was pretty bad, how can anyone disagree with Paulie having beef with that decision? I like the passion but the Houston crowd needs to step their game up and be more respectful and knowledgeable about the fight game.

I understand what your saying but the fans consider Juan Diaz as their boy or son or whatever you want to call it. We are all loyal to him. I think booing him was ok since Paulie was a huge dbag.

I didnt agree with was when the fans booed Michael Katsidis. He was pure class and i felt embarrassed that night being there live.

Guerrero-Klassen was pretty damn dull. No one was paying attention and the fights in the crowd were taking all the attention from them

Comment

Did you get good seats for the schooling of Diaz ?

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
                  I understand what your saying but the fans consider Juan Diaz as their boy or son or whatever you want to call it. We are all loyal to him. I think booing him was ok since Paulie was a huge dbag.

I didnt agree with was when the fans booed Michael Katsidis. He was pure class and i felt embarrassed that night being there live.

Guerrero-Klassen was pretty damn dull. No one was paying attention and the fights in the crowd were taking all the attention from them
                  Paulie a dbag? man, he said he respected the people in the crowd.. How is he a dbag?

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    that would've happened in ANY arena, anywhere in the world

Comment

Working...
                    X