No announcement yet.

What are Margarito's 5 best wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finito2K View Post
    I hate to break this to you. Margarito beat Cotto fair and square. Keith Kizer went on record saying there was nothing wrong with Margarito’s wraps that day.

http://nypost.com/2009/01/29/kizer-m...lean-vs-cotto/
    bigjavi973 nypost? That's as credible as any source gets.

Comment

There was a study done on the plaster issue by a boxing magazine in the 1960s to address the myth of Jack Dempsey having used plaster in his wraps for the Jess Willard beatdown.

The conclusion was that if anyone was dumb enough to use plaster of paris in their hand wraps or gloves, all they would do is break every bone in their own hands.

Boxing Illustrated conducted an experiment to test whether it was possible to use plaster of paris successfully under fighting conditions. The results were reported in the May 1964 issue of BI, pp 20-24, 66. Hugh Benbow and Perry Payne (manager and trainer of Cleveland Williams) used plaster of paris on Cleveland's hands and reenacted what Kearns said occurred in Dempsey's dressing room. After 35 minutes of toasting to reenact the 114-degree heat of Toledo that day, Cleveland Williams hit the heavy bag five times. Benbow examined the wraps and found that the plaster had cracked and crumbled. "This stuff." said Cleve, "wouldn't do anybody any good."

The Boxing Illustrated test proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the plaster of paris would not have held up after the first punch, it would have crumbled and left chunks in his mitts and every punch thereafter would have been quite painful and there is little doubt he would have broken his hands. The inventor of the product issued a statement as to the impossibility of using plaster of paris without breaking all the bones in the hands.

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/dempsey_gloves.html
      There's simply no way Margarito had 'plaster' in his gloves. It's impossible.

If you need more evidence, listen to this short interview with Doug Fischer:

Anyone who still touts the 'plaster' story does so because they hate Margarito. There is no evidence to support it whatsoever.

Comment

His imaginary/fantasy win over Mayweather trumps them all.

Man, that would have been an easy night for Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          undefeated cotto
          undefeated martinez
          clottey when he should have been undefeated
          undefeated cintron
          and either lewis, or he should have a win over santos but was robbed

he's like the opposite floyd
          Rather impressive.

Comment

I hate to break this to you. Margarito beat Cotto fair and square. Keith Kizer went on record saying there was nothing wrong with Margarito’s wraps that day.

http://nypost.com/2009/01/29/kizer-m...lean-vs-cotto/
            Keith Kizer said that because he doesn't want his commission to the blame for something like that. He take is far from a credible 1 in this case imo. And if u honestly feel like Tony beat the hell outta Cotto fair and square and then out of no where decided he needed to cheat to beat Mosely, you're being super naive bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
              Keith Kizer said that because he doesn't want his commission to the blame for something like that. He take is far from a credible 1 in this case imo. And if u honestly feel like Tony beat the hell outta Cotto fair and square and then out of no where decided he needed to cheat to beat Mosely, you're being super naive bro.
              I don't really give a **** why Tony did what he did. All I know is he beat Cotto at his undefeated best.

Kizer would have nothing to fear since in Nevada the commission provides the handwrap for all fights in the state.

This excerpt makes it clear.

Kizer is confident the rules and procedures in Nevada prevent any irregularities during hand wrapping and putting on the gloves. “We have experienced inspectors not only watching the hands being wrapped, but also the gloves being put on,” Kizer said. “They feel the wraps and sign them*and then the gloves and sign them.”

One difference between Nevada and Calfornia is that Nevada provides the gauze for the hand wrappings, while California allows fighters to use their own gauze.

Speaking specifically about July, Kizer said, representatives from the Cotto camp were in Margarito’s dressing room during the entire wrapping of the hands. “They were in there from the beginning,” Kizer said. “Not only them but people from HBO, people from MGM, there are always a dozen or so people in the dressing room.

“I’m pleased with the process we have in Nevada,” Kizer said. “Not only does it stop anybody who tries to do something like that, it stops anybody who is thinking about doing it.”

Hindsight is 20/20 but it seems odd that no one from Cotto's camp saw anything odd while Margarito's hands were being wrapped.

Comment

I don't really give a **** why Tony did what he did. All I know is he beat Cotto at his undefeated best.

Kizer would have nothing to fear since in Nevada the commission provides the handwrap for all fights in the state.

This excerpt makes it clear.

Kizer is confident the rules and procedures in Nevada prevent any irregularities during hand wrapping and putting on the gloves. “We have experienced inspectors not only watching the hands being wrapped, but also the gloves being put on,” Kizer said. “They feel the wraps and sign them*and then the gloves and sign them.”

One difference between Nevada and Calfornia is that Nevada provides the gauze for the hand wrappings, while California allows fighters to use their own gauze.

Speaking specifically about July, Kizer said, representatives from the Cotto camp were in Margarito’s dressing room during the entire wrapping of the hands. “They were in there from the beginning,” Kizer said. “Not only them but people from HBO, people from MGM, there are always a dozen or so people in the dressing room.

“I’m pleased with the process we have in Nevada,” Kizer said. “Not only does it stop anybody who tries to do something like that, it stops anybody who is thinking about doing it.”

Hindsight is 20/20 but it seems odd that no one from Cotto's camp saw anything odd while Margarito's hands were being wrapped.
                All u care about is that he beat a prime Cotto. Yes, that's obvious. You don't care about what might have aided him in that. Just as long as he did it. He couldn't do it again in the rematch and didn't look close to the beast he was. I know all u care about is that but you're a fool for saying u don't care why he did what he did as if that makes it ok. He's a cheater and his whole career can be questioned. If not, his recent bouts and the one befor that is the one I'm talking about. No way he beats Cotto fair and then throws away his honor and starts cheating of Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                  All u care about is that he beat a prime Cotto. Yes, that's obvious. You don't care about what might have aided him in that. Just as long as he did it. He couldn't do it again in the rematch and didn't look close to the beast he was. I know all u care about is that but you're a fool for saying u don't care why he did what he did as if that makes it ok. He's a cheater and his whole career can be questioned. If not, his recent bouts and the one befor that is the one I'm talking about. No way he beats Cotto fair and then throws away his honor and starts cheating of Mosley.
                  You're missing the point. I'd feel the same way if their roles were reversed and Cotto was being accused by Margarito of doctoring his handwraps despite being cleared of any wrongdoing by the acting commission; in this case its the NSAC.

It's funny that you're calling me a fool. Coming from a guy who is blindly riding Cotto's nuts, I take this as a compliment.

Comment

Almost forgot that he beat Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                      Cotto

Martinez

Clottey

Six Heads Lewis

Cintron 2

Antonio Diaz (Margarito's break out fight, all action war. Well worth a watch.)

Tecnically not a W but I had him winning the 2nd Santos fight before the BS stoppage.
                      Actually that Diaz/Margo fight was very entertaining

Comment

Working...
                      X