No announcement yet.

No weight transfer on straight right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Has it gotten better by not punching that high on the bag?
    Everything is starting to feel better. He said it was a big improvement from last time. He has me punch higher cause the heavy part of the bag was below my chin. He said you won't knock him out by punching him in the **** lol...

Also was doing much better about popping the bag without making it swing and pulling back without leaning into the punch (pushing the bag). So basically it was a balance issue he was trying to fix. Although when I get tired I have a tendency to start leaning and pushing the punches more.

Comment

Originally posted by KingAtom View Post
      Everything is starting to feel better. He said it was a big improvement from last time. He has me punch higher cause the heavy part of the bag was below my chin. He said you won't knock him out by punching him in the **** lol...

Also was doing much better about popping the bag without making it swing and pulling back without leaning into the punch (pushing the bag). So basically it was a balance issue he was trying to fix. Although when I get tired I have a tendency to start leaning and pushing the punches more.
      That's natural. When I get tired during training my balance starts to go on me as well.

Comment

Glad this all worked out, and it appears as if the trainer was putting a process into place.

Comment

I was in exactly the same situation when I started boxing, but your coach is 100% right. In the beginning it's about learning the right technique and the fundamentals.

Once you learn to throw it the way he asks you to, you are inevitably going to punch as hard as when you overextend without actually overextanding. With that being said, your coach isn't asking you to throw the right without transfering the weight, BUT TO TRANSFER IT THE RIGHT WAY, he wants you to rotate your leg, hips and shoulders, but not overextend while throwing the right AND STAY ON THE SAME BALANCE YOU WAS BEFORE THROWING THE RIGHT CROSS (40% front & 60% rear).

And speaking of not being able to throw the left hook after throwing the straight right the way your coach asks you to do it, IT'S COMPLETELY FALSE! It's JUST about setting your feet in right position and keeping your balance. All you have to do is point your left foot outwards of your target AT exactly the same time you are throwing your straight right! That way you are ready to twist it back in the starting position WHILE throwing your left hook Try it for yourself and see!
          Last edited by StefanTosic; 01-28-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Yeah, he's very detailed and sees every mistake. But that's why I went to him. I had a feeling...went with it and am glad I did. He definitely has a process and plan, everything he does has a reason behind it.

I'm in the process of cutting some weight so I can start competing soon. Tomorrow he's going to have me spar.

Comment

Originally posted by KingAtom View Post
              Yeah, he's very detailed and sees every mistake. But that's why I went to him. I had a feeling...went with it and am glad I did. He definitely has a process and plan, everything he does has a reason behind it.

I'm in the process of cutting some weight so I can start competing soon. Tomorrow he's going to have me spar.
              Let us know how the spar goes.

Comment

Post a vid of you throwing it for better teachings

Comment

Great news, good luck

Comment

Working...
                  X