Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What criterea did the people who scored the fight for Mora, score on ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What criterea did the people who scored the fight for Mora, score on ?

What criteria did the people who scored the fight for Mora, score on ?

What did Mora do to win? Landed more? No. Landed better shots? No.
    ring generalship?

Only thing Mora did effectively, was have the better of Shane on the inside, albeit sporadically, IE not consistently enough to make that a criteria for why you think he won the fight, he dictated the tempo of the fight to, only he did not dictate the tempo AND! land more shots, or cleaner shots.

Watching the fight I don't think Shane was very effective.

He would get Mora in the corner and either get tied up or Mora would just get out of the way.

I think Mora controlled the tempo of the fight.

I don't think Shane did enough to win the fight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral Corner View Post
      Watching the fight I don't think Shane was very effective.

He would get Mora in the corner and either get tied up or Mora would just get out of the way.

I think Mora controlled the tempo of the fight.

I don't think Shane did enough to win the fight IMO.
      He did get tied up at times, but he also worked away inside, even though there was not a lot on some of those shots, he was still more consistent over certain rounds than Mora, Mora was one shot and done for most of the fight until the last few rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
        What criteria did the people who scored the fight for Mora, score on ?

What did Mora do to win? Landed more? No. Landed better shots? No.
        ring generalship?

Only thing Mora did effectively, was have the better of Shane on the inside, albeit sporadically, IE not consistently enough to make that a criteria for why you think he won the fight, he dictated the tempo of the fight to, only he did not dictate the tempo AND! land more shots, or cleaner shots.
        I agree. Only thing I can think of is they were giving credit to Mora for how bad Mosley looked, even though Mora was doing nothing himself to win rounds instead of Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I agree. Only thing I can think of is they were giving credit to Mora for how bad Mosley looked, even though Mora was doing nothing himself to win rounds instead of Mosley.
          Yeah could be that, i mean dont get me wrong, I thought Mora may have squeaked 4/5 rounds, and though i dont think he deserved a draw, I guess its feasible, but to have him winning, and winning as wide as some people thought he won? I just dont get it.

When ever there is a close fight, and its debatable who won, you always a get a sense of, even though numerically i may of scored it a draw, I think that guy just about deserved to get the nod, well i got that feeling with Mosley against Mora, only i did not think it was as! close as the circumstance im describing.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how did you score Froch/Dirrell?

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral Corner View Post
              Just out of curiosity, how did you score Froch/Dirrell?

I had Dirrell winning a clear decision, would of been clearer if not for a point deduction i think it was, infact the only reason Froch won any rounds that fight IMO, is cause there were 1/2 rounds where he was able to break Dirrell's rhythm momentarily and rough him up.

Comment

On the stream I thought Mora edged it. I'll probably watch it again soon, but it looked to me like Mora landed more punches. Shane looked sloppy, even got hit a lot later in the fight.

Comment

Round 5, who did you guys score this to? I found this very hard to score at the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X