No announcement yet.

Ultimate Protein Shake and Supplements Guide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Protein Shake and Supplements Guide

Hey guy, i have been researching the internet trying to find and definative guide to protein shakes and supplements for competitive boxers.

I'm going back boxing after a 6 month layoff, i am 23 and weigh 86kg, my goal is to get down to a toned 81kg. I am running and swimming myself to get myself in reasonable shape before i hit the boxing gym again. And i will when i get fit, training 5 days a week. So im trying to get my diet up to sratch etc.

I am looking into protein shakes for when i get back into it.

-Which brand of Protein shake or supplements do you take?
    -Why do you take it?
    -What do you find its benifits are over others you have tried?

Bare in mind guys, I have zero interest in bulking up like Arnie Shwarzaniger, I just want to get back to make weight and be in peak condition to box

Thanks in advance

I use MVP pro whey by mvpbiotech. I tried a couple of other brands but biotech's flavors taste great and it's rather cheap compared to the other big brands.

I started using it to be able to train harder without being as sore and help lose a little weight.

It says a guy my size should be using 5.5+ scoops a day, but i use 2 scoops a day and i have seen a pretty big difference. I put 1 scoop on my breakfast shake(water, powder, fruits and yogurt) and i make myself a shake with just water after working out.

But then again i eat well and i am not trying to gain mass.

I have heard ISO gold is great aswell, but really expensive. I tried some weider soy protein but it tasted bad, didnt mix swell and made my farts smell of death.

Just to give you an idea a 5 pounds tub of mvp pro whey is about 50-60 canadian, and it lasts me for a little over a month.
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 09-13-2010, 07:28 AM.

Comment

i use Optimum Nutrition's Pro Complex

have been for nearly a decade

good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
        i use Optimum Nutrition's Pro Complex

have been for nearly a decade

good stuff!
        does it have crap like MSG and calcium cassinate in it? As that stuff is toxic and been used to flavour drinks. Can you check for me please. And per 100g how much protein do you get?

Comment

never mind, i have found the ingredients...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/pro.html

Comment

Anyone try - CNP MR - its advertised every month in Boxing monthly magazine. The company claims it is used by Jamie Moore, Tony Jeffries, Matthew Macklin, Mattew Hatton and Ricky Hatton.

I am looking at picking up maybe Maximuscle or Optimum Nutrition. But I am not sure the spec i need to be looking for. i.e is Whey protein more benificial to boxers or is slow acting protein better to repair muscles after a workout

Comment

Originally posted by BrianMVP View Post
              Anyone try - CNP MR - its advertised every month in Boxing monthly magazine. The company claims it is used by Jamie Moore, Tony Jeffries, Matthew Macklin, Mattew Hatton and Ricky Hatton.

I am looking at picking up maybe Maximuscle or Optimum Nutrition. But I am not sure the spec i need to be looking for. i.e is Whey protein more benificial to boxers or is slow acting protein better to repair muscles after a workout
              refer to this post about that:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=420841

Comment

Originally posted by BrianMVP View Post

yes mate ive used CNP and it is good stuff,the recovery drink is great or try bodytroincs,its good stuff aswell

Comment

Found a great thread on whey protein for anyone who may be interested
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1164

Comment

i get my protein from this site

http://www.amway.com/TheAdams'/Shop/Product/Category.aspx/Protein-Products?dsnav=N:4294966626

Comment

Working...
                    X