No announcement yet.

Low Carb Diet High Protein

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Carb Diet High Protein

hi all, im around 140 now, and am hoping to fight at 130, i want a low carb, high protein diet, so since that eliminates pasta,rice,bread etc, what kinda stuff do i eat other than meat and vegetables/salad and fruit, any recipess?
    will be greatly appreciated.

What makes you want to use this diet?

Whats wrong with lowering your calorie intake and doing more cardio (specifically HIIT)

Comment

if you're on a "low carb" diet you shouldn't be eating fruit. eat vegetables and meat. that being said, i recommend that you get off of any type of diet that instructs you to take in little to no cards. 55 to 60% of your diet should be carbs but only about ten percent should be simple carbs. 30 to 35% of your diet should consist of fats, try to focus on monosaturated fats, and ten to fifteen percent of your diet should consist of protein. those are recommendations for an average, fairly sedentary person the protein should be near, but not exceed 1.8g per kilogram of bodyweight. you should focus on reducing your intake of simple sugars and your caloric intake overall, not just cutting carbs out of your diet.

Comment

because i heard this diet was best to use to lesser flab/fat and put on muscle..?

Comment

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
          if you're on a "low carb" diet you shouldn't be eating fruit. eat vegetables and meat. that being said, i recommend that you get off of any type of diet that instructs you to take in little to no cards. 55 to 60% of your diet should be carbs but only about ten percent should be simple carbs. 30 to 35% of your diet should consist of fats, try to focus on monosaturated fats, and ten to fifteen percent of your diet should consist of protein. those are recommendations for an average, fairly sedentary person the protein should be near, but not exceed 1.8g per kilogram of bodyweight. you should focus on reducing your intake of simple sugars and your caloric intake overall, not just cutting carbs out of your diet.

ah okay thanks a lot to every1 replying.

Comment

Well, HIIT is brilliant for fat loss (among other benfits such as increase VO max etc), and is less likely to result in muscle catabolism than other forms of cardio.

You cant really lose fat and gain muscle simultaniously, well, anywhere near as efficiently as you can by keeping them separate (bulking and cutting phases), though putting on muscle doesnt seem like a logical goal, to me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
              Well, HIIT is brilliant for fat loss (among other benfits such as increase VO max etc), and is less likely to result in muscle catabolism than other forms of cardio.

You cant really lose fat and gain muscle simultaniously, well, anywhere near as efficiently as you can by keeping them separate (bulking and cutting phases), though putting on muscle doesnt seem like a logical goal, to me at least.
              oh okay man, whats HIIT? lol and any recipes?sorry its just my nutrition knowledge aint that great, at amateur i fought what i walked around at so basically ate what i wanted, now im 18 and turned pro i wanna be big at the weight at 5 ft 9 i feel that i can get down to the 130ibs limit as i have some flabby areas that i can lose, so any feedback great, thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
                oh okay man, whats HIIT? lol and any recipes?sorry its just my nutrition knowledge aint that great, at amateur i fought what i walked around at so basically ate what i wanted, now im 18 and turned pro i wanna be big at the weight at 5 ft 9 i feel that i can get down to the 130ibs limit as i have some flabby areas that i can lose, so any feedback great, thanks a lot.
                sorry,just looked up "hiit" on the net, its speed intervals, and yeah i already do them along wit long runs, i train hard etc, but i wanna kno diets...

Comment

Working...
                X