Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chatter: Fedor to the UFC, and he has an Affliction deal.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatter: Fedor to the UFC, and he has an Affliction deal.

I have been viewing some threads about Fedor being signed by the UFC. He and Couture will be present at UFC 75. I think this will be a great match and will make millions of dollars. If not for Fedor, for that fact that Randy is going to have an opportunity to fight the best. Fans will love to see Randy win. Fedor will not waste any time and end the fight quickly.

http://www.mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?FID=1&a=45&TID=0
    Last edited by Phil Bologna; 09-05-2007, 01:36 PM.

Fedor might carry him for a round or 2 like he did Coleman. I hate to bet against Randy, but I cant think of anything he can do better than Fedor....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      Fedor might carry him for a round or 2 like he did Coleman. I hate to bet against Randy, but I cant think of anything he can do better than Fedor....
      Well, for one Couture's a world class greco roman and collegian wrestler. And Fedor didn't cary coleman, coleman was giving him a good fight, especially the first time. If Randy can avoid Fedors submissions he his a good chance. Not an easy task, but if Randy is able to fight Fedor from the clinch he'll be able to avoid going to the ground where the danger of getting submitted is greatest.

If Randy beats Fedor he should take on Crocop and maybe Nog. and then call it a day.

Comment

It was pretty obvious that he carried Coleman thru the first round of their second fight. I don't think Randys wrestling will be a problem for Fedor seeing how he didnt have trouble with Colemans, Randlemans, and Olympic Silver medalist Matt Linlands wrestling. Coleman and Randleman were both able to get a takedown, but couldnt do much afterwards...

Comment

I've learned not to doubt Couture so i'm giving him a chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            It was pretty obvious that he carried Coleman thru the first round of their second fight. I don't think Randys wrestling will be a problem for Fedor seeing how he didnt have trouble with Colemans, Randlemans, and Olympic Silver medalist Matt Linlands wrestling. Coleman and Randleman were both able to get a takedown, but couldnt do much afterwards...
            In the second fight it was coleman's ability to take a beating that carried him. And as for the bold part, I believe that each one of these guys gave Fedor trouble with their wrestling but Fedor was able to overcome it with his submission skills. And you said that you couldn't think of one advantage that Randy had Vs. Fedor, I was just pointing to the fact the Randy has the superior wrestling credentials (by far). And also, I believe that Randy's dominance in the clinch may carry him because he may not be forced to take the fight to the ground (as other wrestlers have unsuccessfully done) in order to utilize his top notch wrestling skills.

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
              In the second fight it was coleman's ability to take a beating that carried him. And as for the bold part, I believe that each one of these guys gave Fedor trouble with their wrestling but Fedor was able to overcome it with his submission skills. And you said that you couldn't think of one advantage that Randy had Vs. Fedor, I was just pointing to the fact the Randy has the superior wrestling credentials (by far). And also, I believe that Randy's dominance in the clinch may carry him because he may not be forced to take the fight to the ground (as other wrestlers have unsuccessfully done) in order to utilize his top notch wrestling skills.
              I agree wholeheartdetly eventhough Fedor is my fav guy. I don't think for a sec that Randy will try to take Fedor to the ground but rather use his strong clinch. I am wondering though if Fedor will be able to lock one of Randy's arms while in the clinch. If he can do it on the ground, he can do it standing up or at least that's what my common sense tells me.

Comment

Originally posted by chosen0309 View Post
                I've learned not to doubt Couture so i'm giving him a chance to win.
                I've learned to stop counting Fedor out since Semmy Schilt.

That's about 18 fights, Randy is far from it.

Comment

This will be a test for both fighters. Randy's preparation for Fedor will be key and if Fedor expects to just walk in there and man-handle Randy he will be in a big surprise. I think this will big the biggest fight in both of their respective careers.

I give it to Fedor by decision.

Comment

Randy rules

Comment

Working...
                    X