No announcement yet.

Michael Gomez Wants Harrison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Gomez Wants Harrison

Michael Gomez has thrown down a challenge to WBO featherweight boss Scott Harrison to step up a division and fight him in a sensational all-British showdown. The WBU super featherweight champion is confident he can beat the Glaswegian who controversially defended his WBO 9 stone belt last Friday against Columbian Victor Polo.

"After watching his fight with Polo I know I will smash Harrison to bits," blasted Gomez.

"I'm offering him the chance to step up to super-featherweight and fight me and I'm more than happy to go to Scotland and knock him out in front of his fans.

"He was so lucky against Polo. How can he talk about fighting the big boys out there like Marco Antonio Barrera, Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez? They will slaughter him. If he wants to get battered by a fighter with a Mexican name he doesn't have to go to America - he can stay in Glasgow and fight me."

"Harrison is big and strong and that's about it,” added the 28 year old.

“What will he do when I trade punch-for-punch with him, move him around and then sparko him? I will fight him anywhere at anytime. I want to get the fight on as soon as possible. I can assure you that it will not go down to judges or scorecards because I will knockout Harrison clean out and flat out.

"It's a fight that the public wants to see and I'm happy for it to be in Scotland right in his own backyard. I would love it there because the atmosphere would be electric and will really get me going. I will do to him what I did to Arthur,” continued Gomez.

This would be a great fight for Gomez if they can make it there was talk of Harrison moving up in weight so who knows. Gomez has got the power to trouble anyone and his boxing skills have improved since moving to billy graham this could be the fight to get him into the frame for a world title fight.

I think Gomez could upset harrison ko 8.

What do you think????

Whatch out Michael Kevin Lear is back he's the one you should worry about do you remember the 8 round beating he gave you.

Nah I think the way to beat Harrison is to outbox him on the back foot and catch him coming in but will Gomez do this? VERY doubtful, he'll want to have a war and this would suit Harrison as Gomez has shown he can be hurt by lesser punchers in the past, I still see Gomez as strictly a domestic fighter who when he steps up in class is found out & Harrison's still a level above him.

Comment

I agree with you there Barry. I was pretty surprised when Gomez beat Arthur, especially the manner in which he did it.

Comment

What a fight that'd be, no chance of it happening, maloney would never risk Harrision aghainst a fighter who is physically bigger than him.

Comment

As for Gmz and Arthur, does everyone forget how hurt Gomez was from a body punch near the end of the 4th?? He was close to being stopped right there which is why im surprised Arthur isnt more up for the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by diz82
            As for Gmz and Arthur, does everyone forget how hurt Gomez was from a body punch near the end of the 4th?? He was close to being stopped right there which is why im surprised Arthur isnt more up for the rematch
            I don't remember that, but it has been a while. I'd like to see a rematch too coz I think Arthur can do alot better.

Comment

Working...
            X