No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Eyes Move To Featherweight Very Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    It's a damn shame that he wants Nonito but he is not going to get that fight.
    He's ducking nonito by eyeing a move to 126, obviously

Comment

Mares gonna run into the same issues at featherweight. The biggest fight for him there is Mikey, who's an Arum guy. So he's not getting that fight either. There may be a little light at the end of the tunnel though. Gary Russell Jr is likely to make his move this year and win a featherweight belt. Which means we could have a Mares-Russell showdown in 2014. But either way, it appears 2013 will be a very frustrating year for young Mr Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Mares gonna run into the same issues at featherweight. The biggest fight for him there is Mikey, who's an Arum guy. So he's not getting that fight either. There may be a little light at the end of the tunnel though. Gary Russell Jr is likely to make his move this year and win a featherweight belt. Which means we could have a Mares-Russell showdown in 2014. But either way, it appears 2013 will be a very frustrating year for young Mr Mares.
        They can get Chris John, I bet John takes it cause Mares presents no threat to him.

Comment

Hope he gets a crack at Donaire before he moves up! This TR/GB beef is killing too many fights.

When he goes to Featherweight I hope he goes straight after Chris John's fraud ass and takes that belt John's held hostage in Indonesia for years.

Comment

He's got to fight Terrazas next who's on Top Rank. That purse bid should be coming up soon. After that what direction does he go?

The biggest challenges at 122 are at Top Rank. He doesn't have a lot of options.

At least at 126 he has Ponce De Leon, Russell Jr., Jhonny Gonzalez, Callabero, etc.

I doubt Arum tries to make the Donaire fight since he has another fighter on his roster who is Mares' mandatory.

Comment

So Mares against PDL?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo
                So Mares against PDL?
                I thought the same thing and it would probably be a pretty fun fight. But these two are kinda reckless so it might end up the same way the Gamboa and Gonzalez fight ended.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  I thought the same thing and it would probably be a pretty fun fight. But these two are kinda reckless so it might end up the same way the Gamboa and Gonzalez fight ended.

Probs... I wouldn't be surprised if they moved him into a title fight asap.... which for Donaire leaves him only John and Dib... and I see Arum giving Dib the shot.... unless they go to Macau

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Probs... I wouldn't be surprised if they moved him into a title fight asap.... which for Donaire leaves him only John and Dib... and I see Arum giving Dib the shot.... unless they go to Macau
                    Arum and 50 do work together after all. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      Arum and 50 do work together after all. Makes sense.

Dib stayed with SMS?
                      I forget.... I don't know who's where after that

Comment

Working...
                      X