No announcement yet.

i hate northern canadian winters!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lotus Flower View Post
    is it true in vancouber its always raining?
    People tell me it was true 40-50 years ago and most people today still think so who are not from here...but I can tell you we have hardly had a typical rainy season here now in the last 5 years which is generally November...not really a big deal at the worst of times...just 1 month and it's over by December if there is one all together.

If you check out this link you will see Vancouver has less annual rain than New York does...and much less than Miami...and when it does rain here it usually is pretty light and not an all day affair...usually over-night and mornings.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...86&postcount=1

It's actually become pretty decent on a year round basis for weather...pretty temperate...never to hot...never to cold.
    Last edited by jaded; 12-10-2012, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
      I'll pass on the message thanks. A good buddy of mine went to Lethbridge Alberta for a chick.. yes I know.. He said it was some of the most racist people he's ever encountered. This was a few years ago though. It sounds like you're ready for a move. Wife kids?
      in southern alberta cochrane, lethbridge & surrounding rural communities i've heard are pretty racist. i can't say for sure but in our last provincial election the wild rose party had it's little rally after they lost the election & they showed the canidates speech & the camara went around the conference room & there was not one coloured person in the crowd. all white farmers, etc...no wife or kids...

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        People tell me it was true 40-50 years ago and most people today still think so who are not from here...but I can tell you we have hardly had a typical rainy season here now in the last 5 years which is generally November...not really a big deal at the worst of times...just 1 month and it's over by December if there is one all together.

If you check out this link you will see Vancouver has less annual rain than New York does...and much less than Miami...and when it does rain here it usually is pretty light and not an all day affair...usually over-night and mornings.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...86&postcount=1

It's actually become pretty decent on a year round basis for weather...pretty temperate...never to hot...never to cold.
        People say the same things about Portland, OR and Seattle. It's not true at all. Probably just people from a place where it doesn't rain much are sensitive to the rain. By no means does it rain all the time in those areas. I've never been to Vancouver, but my guess is that it is somewhat similar.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          in southern alberta cochrane, lethbridge & surrounding rural communities i've heard are pretty racist. i can't say for sure but in our last provincial election the wild rose party had it's little rally after they lost the election & they showed the canidates speech & the camara went around the conference room & there was not one coloured person in the crowd. all white farmers, etc...no wife or kids...
          i went to the wrong restaurant once, in Banff, and i thought the cowboys in there were going to hang me from a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            i went to the wrong restaurant once, in Banff, and i thought the cowboys in there were going to hang me from a tree.
            the wild rose party was doing pretty well but 2 screw ups by canidates lost them huge votes in the cities. they lost in both edmonton & calgary. one edmonton canidate said that all gays would burn on a lake of fire & the 2nd blunder came from a guy from calgary. he said people could relate to him better because he was white(coloured opposition)...did it change the election outcome? no but it made it a larger gap in votes by the end of the election...

Comment

In Texas it just got cold last week. And by cold I mean mid 40's.

Comment

Working...
              X