Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez 'disses' Manny Pacquiao 'Mayweather is the P4P best fighter on earth'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez 'disses' Manny Pacquiao 'Mayweather is the P4P best fighter on earth'

It didn't take long for Sergio Martinez to throw Manny Pacquiao under the bus; Albeit, his comments weren't as bad as others. In a recent interview, Sergio Martinez expressed his desire to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr after the announcement that Kelly Pavlik would waive the rematch clause and move up in weight. During his 'excitement', Sergio forgot about a certain Congressman and dubbed Floyd Mayweather Jr the best fighter on the planet.

"Mayweather is the pound for pound best fighter on earth and whatever Maywaether says, I will accept. It will be an honor to fight him regardless of the weight, but it has to be at 154 and up because I can't get below 154. I will not sacrifice my life for any amount of money. I don't mind doing any [drug] tests that he demands and I will do them with pleasure - up until the day of the fight." Martinez, Boxingscene.com
    Congressman
    Sergio, I was just hopping on your bandwagon last month and proclaiming you as a great fighter but now I'm thinking you have taken too many punches from Williams and Pavlik because the Congressman Manny Pacquiao is the best 'pound for pound' fighter on Earth. However, I will let it slide this time because you've done everything else right so far. For those that don't know, this is what 'we' like to call Sarcasm. The debate between Manny and Floyd Jr being the best 'pound for pound' fighter will continue until they fight each other and settle it in the ring.
    154 weight
    As Sergio stated, there's no realistic way that he can drop down to 147. So, for a fight to happen between he and Floyd Jr, Mayweather would have to move up to 154. The good thing is, it's been stated by the so called boxing experts that Floyd Jr can easily move up to 154 and fight.
    Drug Tests
    The one area that will kill all negotiations between Manny and Floyd, seems to be a non-issue for Sergio. He has stated that he will take the tests according to Floyd's demands. So, this should not be a problem for either side.
    Will it Happen?
    Michael Rodgers Sacramento, CA "Do you think Floyd Jr will accept the fight with Sergio Martinez?"
    I think there's a good chance of this fight happening. Sergio is a tough fighter with 3 world titles in 2 different weight classes. He's respected by many, even though that list probably got shorter when he called Floyd Jr the best fighter on earth. Sergio is a big enough name and has enough appeal to make 'average' boxing fans take notice that Floyd is not fighting a bum.
    Floyd Jr will have to move up in weight which shouldn't be a problem. But I'm gonna call it like it is. If Floyd Jr moves up to fight Martinez then the chants of Mayweather Jr being a "coward" need to stop. What he may have done in the past wouldn't matter because he's taking on a highly talented opponent in a higher weight class. But if Floyd Jr dismisses Sergio's challenge, and Paull Williams' challenge, and the fight between Manny breaks down then by all means get on the biggest platform and shout as loud as you can that he's 'ducking and running'.

link

Sergio is an honest and admirable man, unlike that cheating coward Pacroid who cheats on his family and tries to gun down his political rivals.

Comment

I don't see how that is a diss. It comes of more as an opinion who a lot of other people agree with. It's 50/50 on who the best is according to boxing fans.

Comment

So where is the diss to Pacquiao?

Calling Mayweather P4P king isn't a diss neither, just a very legitimate opinion which i agree on.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
          Sergio is an honest and admirable man, unlike that cheating coward Pacroid who cheats on his family and tries to gun down his political rivals.
          Lol that made me laugh. How outright and straight forward you said it.

Comment

LMAOOOO!

I love Manny Pacquiao but he looks bad right now. Real bad. I'm starting to finally believe that my boy is juicing.

If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck then it's a muthaf**** duck!

Comment

Why does everyone think a compliment toward PBF or Pac is inherently a diss toward the other? Martinez didn't say anything inflammatory about Pac.

Comment

I think Mayweather is the best p4p fighter .. not sure what the writer is getting at here.

Comment

hes trying to get a fight with floyd... of course he would say that

Comment

Actually, it seems like he put a bit of sarcasm in the article as he states, hes just messing around because he thinks Pac is #1.

Originally posted by Rick Rockwell
                    For those that don't know, this is what 'we' like to call Sarcasm
                    Last edited by Zarco; 05-12-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X