Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank a decisive Hopkins win among his best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
    you are wrong. hopkins is gonna win very decisively. there will be no controversy. dawson is not all that.
    Dawson is murdering you boy tonight, i respect everything Bernard has done but he has no chance tonight

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      That is a completely different discussion, but whatever.
      Yup,kinda answer I expected, but whatever.

Comment

Dont really care, 175 is a pretty boring division these days. I used to be a huge hopkins fan but Im tired of his act he should retire all ready. He has to use spoiling tactics to the extreme now just to stay in the fights and its gotten old. He should have retired after the Pavlik win. I dont want to see him rolling around on the canvas in fake pain any more.

Comment

Very high, since he will be fighting a somewhat big guy like himself, and not a tallish thin guy that fights best at 147 (ODLH and Tito).

Comment

Although Trinidad is the better fighter, a convincing win over Dawson would trump that fight. Tito was the one moving up in weight, and B-Hop had the physical and mental advantage. On the other hand, Dawson has all the physical advantages, and it could be argued that he has the mental advantage as well. I think this would be his best win, at least top 3 best.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Yup,kinda answer I expected, but whatever.
              It is a completely different conversation. I was asking you to make your case for ranking Hopkins above Roy. You said I would hate on Hopkins for winning, which I simply haven't ever done to Hopkins.

Comment

A win here decisive or not will be huge..

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                  like hops stated, he was a bigger underdog against pavlik & tarver, but all things considered, being 47, & going up against the top guy in the division, a guy who holds every single physical advantage, & is 18 years hops' junior, a win 2nite would def b 1st or 2nd in my book.

But that leads 2 a greater point, AT AGE 47 THIS GUY CONTINUES TO DEFY ODDS! His NEXT fight is always his biggest, & thats insane for a guy his age. Thats something ppl cant grasp. This guy is truly a livong legend. Win, lose, or draw, we may never in our lifetime, see another 47 y.o. doing what he's doing. If he wanted to, hopkins could be padding the record books fighting tomato cans at his age, but he continues to dispense of top guys! You may not like his style, but how anybody cannot appreciate dude's body of work, is beyond me. Bernard Hopkins haters are NOT true fans of the sport. Period.
                  green!!!!

this would be his biggest win imo....Tito was coming up in weight so the critics like to play the size game with that win....Chad is bigger, stronger, younger, faster...goddam!! lol...this would be the crown jewel of them all imo...the stage is set!!!

Comment

Hopkins is a 90's and 00's Archie Moore. That's high praise as well.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                      A win here decisive or not will be huge..

Agreed. Hopkins is 48!!!

If Dawson is what everyone thought, the next p4p king, this shouldnt even be a contest. Dawson is a very talented fighter, legend or not, he shouldnt be losing to a 47 y.o. fighter.

But he will.

Comment

Working...
                      X