Cant wait till Peterson makes Khan do the 2012 moonwalk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont see Kahn making any improvements. Peterson wins again

Comment

Lamont can't really improve on what he did. He was inspired that night in his hometown and he still clearly lost....

I honestly think Khan makes a statement this time round and stops him. Its easy to steal....i mean "win"....a title, its a lot harder to hang onto it.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Is it because you don't think they have the ability to adjust, or because Khan (who you think will win) simply won't need to? Khan will need to do SOME type of adjustment to win decisively. I really doubt that both guys will fight exactly the same as they did the 1st time around, rematches usually don't work like that. What you're basically saying is, the ref will play a major factor in who wins the fight.

For example, Salido respected Lopez's power during the first half of the first fight. In the 2nd fight, he came out guns blazing right from the start. Let's assume that Peterson starts pressuring a round earlier than he did in the 1st fight, that will force Khan to change. Either Khan is
        going to fight intelligently, or he's going to run a lot more than he did in
        the first fight.
        It is not the same...for starters in the first fight Peterson was the only one who was visibly rocked in the fight, so although he was walking khan down well he knows khan can hurt him. Also something to consider, I do expect Peterson to start faster, and khan should expect it also, but he has always been notorious for starting slow, I am not 100% sure he has shaken that bug.

I didn't say that they wouldn't make adjustments, but neither of these guys are going to totally change overnight, and overall I think the way the fight is refereed is going to be a more determining factor, you can be as sarcastic as you like but I genuinely feel this will be the case. If you look at how rarely Cooper separated the fighters, it was surprising, especially considering that American referees generally are very quick at separating fighters, one of the reasons Ricky Hatton struggled in the US imo.

The referee breaking the fighters out of clinches, will give khan a breather, and the room to get his shots off without having to expend energy pushing to make room for himself.

The adjustments I think Khan will make is not squaring up as much and stay side on when he is in a defensive position, so Peterson doesn't have as much of a target. Also he needs to be more intelligent with the way he clinches, and use his jab more. Peterson needs to jab more, use more head movement and start faster. But like I said the fight will be less competitive because there will be an experienced referee this time.
        Last edited by sunny31; 03-11-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Owlzfan84 View Post
          I thought Khan edged it the first time. I actually think Khan will win pretty easy this time.
          your avatar is disturbing. is that a tranny?

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
            your avatar is disturbing. is that a tranny?
            looks like b-hop

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
                looks like b-hop
                hahaha

Comment

I think Khans convincingly wins the rematch to be honest. It should be a great and entertaining fight.

Comment

Whoever wins, I just hope it is convincing. Somebody is gonna get the business in this one. I REALLY hope that Roach teaches Khan some inside techniques, other than simply pushing the opponent. If Khan goes on a pushing spree again and the ref simply looks the other way, I'm gonna be mad. If the ref breaks them up every single time they get in the phone booth, then SMFH lol

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      Whoever wins, I just hope it is convincing. Somebody is gonna get the business in this one. I REALLY hope that Roach teaches Khan some inside techniques, other than simply pushing the opponent. If Khan goes on a pushing spree again and the ref simply looks the other way, I'm gonna be mad. If the ref breaks them up every single time they get in the phone booth, then SMFH lol
                      Does he know any?

Comment

Working...
                      X