Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring Mag: Vlad Loses To Holmes, Tyson, Liston. Really?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by check hook View Post
    Liston has a longer reach than Vitali by 4 inches......bet not many people knew that!!! The man had ridiculously long arms relative to his height. Also had melon sized fists. George Foreman has also stated that Liston is the one and only fighter he could not get to take a backward step. So Foreman, one of the bigger heavies with renowned power could not back Liston off. People don't actually realise what a beat Liston was.
    Sonny Liston had only ONE successful title defense - against the chinny Patterson (who was tailor made for him).

Older people overrate these boxers of the past, just like they overrate the pop stars of the 60s, because the thought of them brings back memories of their happy youth.

Comment

Originally posted by DOMINATION View Post
      Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE TRUTH

Vitali took the fight on just 10 days notice.

Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial doctor stoppage. Lewis barely survived the 2nd round, he was badly hurt, holding on for dear life, wobbling everywhere and staggering around the ring like a drunk. Lewis was badly hurt several times in the fight and was getting outboxed, outworked, outmuscled and outlanded by Vitali.

punches landed

Vitali 156

Lewis 102

Lewis was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to get KTFO again, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 6th round, Vitali was clearly the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Lewis for sure if the fight had continued.

After the fight, Vitali intimidated the shit out of Lewis and made him look like a bitch.

All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and booed Lewis after the fight.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The scared Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 30 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared his bitch ass into retirement.

George Foreman: "Vitali was winning the fight. Lewis got lucky. There has to be a rematch!"

Jim Lampley: "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

Even Emanuel Steward was upset and pissed off at Lewis for blatantly ducking a Vitali rematch.

Lewis is scared to death of Vitali.
      Really again everytime something comes up your like that other vitali nut hugger who thinks the k bros are gods gift to earth I got a news for you sir EAT A DICK!

Comment

The contenders of the 80's and early 90's like Pinklon Thomas, Tucker, Bruno, Ruddock would clown all 99% of the fighters Wlad and Vitali have beaten....again it's not their fault their opponents are fat and useless.

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
          Vitali is a clear HOFer who can mix it with any HW of any era. That said we have clowns on here who think Sam Peter could beat Frazier, Liston and Foreman, because sports science has come "so far" not realizing boxing is one of the select sports where the advances in modern sports science isn't as prevelant as other sports. Explain to me how FMJ has been so dominant eating lollies and burgers, training using "old methods" and not even having a supplementation or diet program until recently?????????????

They also cite the size of modern heavies [why isn't Valuev the best fihgter in history??], ignoring the fact it's basically FAT and they aren't fit, ignoring the fact that a former 160 pounder (and a midget by HW standars) basically beat Peter, ignoring the fact Foreman was competitive against the top tier of HW's after a 10 year layoff and in his 40's

etc etc

The contenders of the 80's and early 90's like Pinklon Thomas, Tucker, Bruno, Ruddock would clown all 99% of the fighters Wlad and Vitali have beaten....again it's not their fault their opponents are fat and useless.

Personally i respect Wlad and Vitali, because they fight smart, are smart and are dedicated professionals to their sport. I rate Vitali as better than Wlad also. However some dumb clowns on this forum do nothing to advance the cause of these fine heavyweights with the ridiculous shizen they post.

ALSO Tyson drops Wlas within three rds. Could not think of a worse "stylistic" matchup for Wlad than Mike Tyson. HIn my estimation he would fare better againt any HW of any era than he would against Tyson.
          Vitali isn't a HOF'er (ATM anyway) and he's not greater than Wlad. And this isn't even really debatable.

His resume which is litered with lardasses and C-level fighters shows you nothing about how he'd fare in greater more competitive eras.

Wlad can hang in any era near the top. But i don't see him winning a title in any of the previous modern eras. Except for maybe the late 50's.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Sonny Liston had only ONE successful title defense - against the chinny Patterson (who was tailor made for him).

Older people overrate these boxers of the past, just like they overrate the pop stars of the 60s, because the thought of them brings back memories of their happy youth.
            music was alot better in the 60's and 70's

Comment

Why is it that everytime people compare Wlad to other fighters...klithoe fans bring up Vitali??THEY ARNT THE SAME DAMN PERSON............

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                So when they say bad things about Floyd we can't argue as well right?

Here it comes..................This isn't about Floyd.
                "SARCASM"...."SARCASM"

Comment

I honestly would never bet wladimir to beat liston. I'd give him a bigger chance against most of the top10 ATG heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

From the old timers, who do you feel Wladimir matches up worst against stylistically?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      That was Ali. Under strange circumstances.

Liston has a longer reach than Wlad I believe, a better jab, and well rounded skills. I'd pick him to beat Wlad. There's a better chance Wlad beats Holmes then Liston IMO.

Tyson is an awful matchup for Wlad.
                      ..................this

Comment

Working...
                      X