No announcement yet.

Why not Ortiz vs Wilder rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    Why rematch someone you knocked out?? Fury is the best move, he can get exposer in the UK and get the Lineal title in the process
    Because it was a close back and forth fight that almost had wilder knocked out himself. A fury fight is going to look like a dance contest wont be half as exciting as an ortiz rematch imo

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I think fans are burnt out on rematches when we have champs refusing to fight each other.
      says who? everybody wants to see wilder rematch ortiz everybody wanted to see an immediate rematch after the fight because it was very close and exciting! only ones who don't are scared beyonce fangirls who came close to seeing beyonce get knocked out! are you scared??? sack up boy!

Comment

I don't mind seeing either fight. The fact that that Wilder and Ortiz already did it once makes me want to see it again because of the uncertainty of whether or not Ortiz could have finished it in the 8th. If I remember correctly Ortiz had Wilder rattled in the 7th and nearly knocked him out. However, for some reason the doctor came to Wilder's corner at the start of the 8th and took away valuable time from Ortiz. Could Ortiz have finished it had it not been for Wilder's corner giving him precious seconds before the round started? I don't know. But that's one of the reasons I wasn't happy with the finish of the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G View Post
          Because it was a close back and forth fight that almost had wilder knocked out himself. A fury fight is going to look like a dance contest wont be half as exciting as an ortiz rematch imo
          So you would not take the chance to become lineal champ and instead rematch a man you floored 3 times and stopped? Look at the posters on here they dont even wanna give him credit for the 1st fight and you want him to fight him again? Makes no sense

Comment

JOSHUA NUTHUGGERS ARE PATHETIC! They saw Ortiz gave Deontay a lot of trouble and now want him to lose the rematch in order to mess up Wilder v Fury. LMAO. Deontay took the risk, and beat Ortiz, IT IS OVER.

Tell Gay J to step in with Ortiz.

Comment

for what? Wilder was 214lbs and sick. outweighed by 30+ pounds and still made Ortiz drool on himself with the right hand.

how about one of those UK cowards step up and fight Ortiz? Whyte, Chisora, AJ... nobody wants it.

Wilder gave Whyte a direct path to a title shot by saying "beat Ortiz and I'll fight you".. Whyte passed even after calling Ortiz washed up and 1000 years old smh.

Ortiz is the #2 best heavyweight behind Wilder. all those UK p*ssies been shook for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
                says who? everybody wants to see wilder rematch ortiz everybody wanted to see an immediate rematch after the fight because it was very close and exciting! only ones who don't are scared beyonce fangirls who came close to seeing beyonce get knocked out! are you scared??? sack up boy!
                Everybody lol? Most of the posters on here say Ortiz was 44 and don’t give Wilder credit for the first win. Now you want a rematch?

Comment

If Ortiz was 1000 years old after Wilder KO'd him. will they say he's10,000 years old when Wilder stops him again?

funny these same posters don't clown on the even much older, rusty, semi retired Clinchko that AJ beat.. nooo that old guy was legit according to them. lol.

I dont care how old Ortiz is he would wipe his ass with AJ and Whyte. Eddie Sperm knows this better than most that's why he never mentions him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G View Post
                    Regardless of the knockout i felt the fight was really close. Certainly close enough for an immediate rematch. Especially seeing as Ortiz already came back strong and it will be wilders first fight back
                    Sure, a December rematch is justifiable and would generate interest, just not as much interest as a Fury fight. Wilder-Ortiz II would also be bigger next year than this year. Still big this year, but Ortiz knocking out another opponent or two before a rematch just makes it bigger.

Comment

Ortiz wilder was a great fight. But the fury fight helps wilder more in the long run. Also letting Ortiz get couple more highlights benefits his purse in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                      X