No announcement yet.

The Great Mystery- How many bought Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
    No the only thing fishy is you taking camera phone pictures in the bathroom mirror, like a 17 year old girl on facebook.
    LOL - that is a little ****, eh? i guess i should change it up. . . stick to the topic, though, fool, and stop dreaming about my avatar pictures. . . just letting it know that I AM A BEAST in real life!
    Last edited by UglyPug; 10-11-2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
      LOL - that is a little ****, eh? i guess i should change it up. . . stick to the topic, though, fool, and stop dreaming about my avatar pictures. . . just letting it know that I AM A BEAST in real life!
      Lol, you're cool peeps. As far as the topic, it took a while for the Manny Mosleys numbers. They should come soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        I doubt it. It's still going to be 50/50 no matter what. Even if it's just 800k, it's still more than the 750k Pacquiao made with Clottey. Both Victor and Clottey are around the same level of popularity so we shouldn't have expected that much.
        lol pls remember, pac clottey had no 24/7.. Floyd Ortiz brought in 24/7 all the drama with there boy hood and Floyd arguing with there dad.. So Floyd Ortiz should be bigger than Pac clottey. Should be compared to Pac Mosely.

Mosely was washed up so people don't see the glimmer there, pac brought in 1.3m with a washed up boxer.. While victor is a strong fresh champion more hype can be made there. Anything less than 1.3m is a failure..

I have a feeling with the refunds and fans being tired of the mayweather antics.. 800 buys is pretty accurate..

Comment

I bought it. I don't think I'll ever buy a Floyd PPV again

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
            it is very weird how floyd/ortiz numbers are not out yet
            while showtime still hasnt released the numbers for pac mosley yet

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
              while showtime still hasnt released the numbers for pac mosley yet

yet it was published and announced by respectable websites like espn, yahoo, maxboxing, etc. meanwhile, even richard shaefer is running away from ppv talk.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                maybe this fight did less than 500k
                Thats my estimation.

Lets face reality here. The casuals are simply tired of Floyds "look at me, "my name is Money and I have lots of it" schtick." I'm willing to bet most people got turned off by seeing him flaunt his wealth to american soldiers on the frontlines. In this economy, with millions of people out of work, bragging about your material possessions, is the last thing people will care to see. Even more will refuse to support a braggart like that.

This fight did nothing close to a million.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post
                  Thats my estimation.

Lets face reality here. The casuals are simply tired of Floyds "look at me, "my name is Money and I have lots of it" schtick." I'm willing to bet most people got turned off by seeing him flaunt his wealth to american soldiers on the frontlines. In this economy, with millions of people out of work, bragging about your material possessions, is the last thing people will care to see. Even more will refuse to support a braggart like that.

"motivation? this was my motivation.. *flashes money*" SMH..

seriously, that was a good joke but tasteless for the soldiers who are putting their life on the line on the frontlines.

they want to talk to him and yet he just proceed on showing them his possessions..

Comment

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post
                    Thats my estimation.

you are right. . . i do think floyd's attitude on 24/7 turned a lot of people away from buying the fight. . . he was basically taunting working class people who buy his fights - and we all know, including floyd at least 50% of his buys are from people who want to see him LOSE. . . i remember he said something about "getting paid and cashing out" - another turn off. . .

with the availability of movie theaters showing the fight for 17 a head, and bars showing it for 7 a head, and free streams, and finally, the 70 dollar charge - they would rather go see floyd hopefully lose for as cheap as possible. . . I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for 7 bones. . . A LOT of floyd fans there, and a lot of anti-floyd folk there. . .

Comment

still no number wow what a mystery

Comment

Working...
                      X