Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Deal With DAZN is 11 Fights, $365 Million Guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Matchroom had exclusive promotional rights to all boxing on DAZN in the US, apart from the WBSS.

If Oscar bypassed Hearn, then DAZN must have cut some kind of deal with Eddie to allow GBP onto the app along with Matchroom.

It has to be good business for Hearn. More subscribers means more viewers for his fights, and the GBP roster means more potential GBP vs Matchroom fights like Canelo/Fielding.
    I keep hearing people say this, but so far from every report Hearn did NOT have an exclusive deal. And quite frankly, it made no sense for DAZN to give him an exclusive deal.

Comment

• That's an unbelievable guarantee. I'm surprised DAZN have moved as quickly as they have with some of their signings. They now have the biggest two draws and money generators in the sport and the WBSS tournaments and the most shows to be aired annually.

Interesting looking at the pound for pound list too

Lomachenko (ESPN)
      Crawford (ESPN)
      Usyk (DAZN)
      Inoue (DAZN currently was recently on ESPN+ may fight there again after WBSS)
      Canelo (DAZN)
      GGG (likely to be DAZN or ESPN)
      Rungvisai (likely to be DAZN or ESPN)
      Garcia (Showtime)
      Joshua (DAZN)
      Spence (Showtime)

Showtime trailing DAZN and ESPN. ESPN have the consensus top two fighters, DAZN has the two biggest names/draws and most on the list. Garcia doesn't really want to fight anyone and Spence can't get a fight/asks for them on twitter.

Comment

• I wonder if Sulaiman got wind of this deal before it was announced. That might explain his excessive aarse kissing and licking of Canelo's boots a few days ago. He is trying to ingratiate himself with Canelo and GB with renewed vigor.

Comment

• the charlos are idiots..they should've signed with Eddie..props to Eddie and canelo..this is good for boxing..now others will follow suit and start signing with Eddie hearn..we in the#EarnwithHearn era!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            Oscar did explicitly say he's not working with Hearn he's working directly with DAZN.
            Obviously still immensely beneficial for Hearn

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
              You can watch it on a smart T.V like i do or you can put it on your phone and mirror it on your T.V

If you do the math it's a lot cheaper than getting Showtime or HBO and I think that might be DAZN's edge
              Just curious. Why is it cheaper than Showtime? I don't carry Showtime cable, just the app and its lower than $10 for me. Did I miss something?

Comment

• As expected, there were only two companies in the race for Canelo. (Like I've said constantly lol)

I suspect DAZN was more willing to pay for GBPs "other fighters" than Showtime, so we have a deal.

Now let's see what happens with GGG. He's the last name to make a call.

I expect Callum Smith is somewhere smiling. He's the likely future big name opponent for Canelo. Andrade too. I think Jacobs won't be in on the game here. Just a hunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Obviously still immensely beneficial for Hearn
                  That conversation has evolved. I mean I feel like what I said last to Tom covers what you've said to me.

You don't see this as a move by Oscar to muscle in on Eddie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                    Good deal for the guy. I doubt we will see him fighting anyone with a pulse now that he has guaranteed income. Is there an incentive for him to choose tough fights?
                    For that much money, I'd imagine that DAZN would have a heavy say on the fighters on the list for Canelo to fight, if not have pick of the fights going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                      That conversation has evolved. I mean I feel like what I said last to Tom covers what you've said to me.

You don't see this as a move by Oscar to muscle in on Eddie?
                      Don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. Couldn't care less if i'm honest. I don't have DAZN and will never have it unless it launches in the country I live in which seems unlikely.

DAZN is a UK company, and they are very tight with Hearn and he's the exclusive content provider of boxing and head of boxing I believe for DAZN.

I imagine Oscar wanted a deal that allowed him to promote on DAZN and I think that makes sense for both. Eddie gets a platform that's a lot more credible with more fighters and shows, and he also doesn't have to do 24 shows a year in the U.S which I believe is too much for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X