Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy joe Saunders underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is not utter crap but a decent boxer & that's it..
    No KO power but the fact that he is a southpaw should give his opponents some problems.. A big factor of Billy has been his stamina.. Danny & GGG both would win convincingly against Billy..

Comment

It's hard to say. If he comes in and fights the best fight of his life, he's extremely underrated on this board. If he comes in anywhere close to how he showed up last fight, he's toast.

At his best, he's got a good chin, is very tricky to fight and has good head on his shoulders. He'll catch you unprepared and knock you down.

BJS is also a big dude. He had issues making weight for the Lee fight and there were some rumours about him moving up after that. I have no idea how his fat ass made the weight vs. Akavov.

Comment

Your first sentence displayed your ignorance. You conveniently left that out of your reply. You are talking about an undefeated world champion.

Comment

Originally posted by dudey View Post
          Your first sentence displayed your ignorance. You conveniently left that out of your reply. You are talking about an undefeated world champion.
          I'm comparing him to the guys he could be fighting; he's crap compared to the top guys in the division.

Everything I put in that post is accurate, all will be on full display when he fights any of the good middleweights.

Comment

He is underrated by most fan boys who prefer guys like Eubank Jnr (who is the very definition of overated).

BJS problem is twofold (IMO)

1) Conditioning - his lifestyle and background means when not in a training camp, his weight and general well-being is suspect. I don't know if he has the discipline to ever be a dedicated gym rat and take care of his diet, rest & recovery etc.

2) His Inactivity - for whatever reason his recent level of activity is very low, i think he is the type of fighter who needs 2 fights a year at a decent level of opposition. Guys like Canelo and GGG are fighting every 4-6 months, BJS is fighting every 12 months.

Apart from the above, his skill set and intelligence as a boxer is likely on par (or greater) than either GGG or Canelo its the other stuff that lets him down.

He is like Tyson Fury - people hate on him because he is no poster boy or hype job, but at his very best he gives ANY MW Champ a very hard nights work.

Comment

overshadowed. He has some good wins but he's just hovering in the background while people want golovkin vs canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                He's crap.

He barely beat a raw and completely novice Eubank Jr and he just scraped past Andy Lee. Vastly over-rated 'skills', minimal power, 6 round gas tank, lacks professionalism...

He will get blitzed by Golovkin, Jacobs, Lemieux, Canelo, etc...
                I told you that ydksab!

Tell me again how crap he is and how Lemieux will blitz him...

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  I'm comparing him to the guys he could be fighting; he's crap compared to the top guys in the division.

Everything I put in that post is accurate, all will be on full display when he fights any of the good middleweights.
                  Yeh we seen what happened, you displayed your ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    He is underrated by most fan boys who prefer guys like Eubank Jnr (who is the very definition of overated).

BJS problem is twofold (IMO)

1) Conditioning - his lifestyle and background means when not in a training camp, his weight and general well-being is suspect. I don't know if he has the discipline to ever be a dedicated gym rat and take care of his diet, rest & recovery etc.

2) His Inactivity - for whatever reason his recent level of activity is very low, i think he is the type of fighter who needs 2 fights a year at a decent level of opposition. Guys like Canelo and GGG are fighting every 4-6 months, BJS is fighting every 12 months.

Apart from the above, his skill set and intelligence as a boxer is likely on par (or greater) than either GGG or Canelo its the other stuff that lets him down.

He is like Tyson Fury - people hate on him because he is no poster boy or hype job, but at his very best he gives ANY MW Champ a very hard nights work.
                    Good points. BJS is also only 28 years old, so there is still room for improvement. His buddy Tyson Fury is 29, so they still have youth on their side, the problem is discipline inside and outside of boxing. No more ballooning up in weight and starting from scratch every training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by IllegalDeath View Post
                      Beat very good two fighters in Andy Lee and Eubank jr. Undefeated himself and has the record of beating the most undefeated fighters till now.
                      And hes a world champ as well.

Plus hes a southpaw which apparently troubles golovkin (or does it)?

He is clearly the third best MW after GGG and Jacobs respectively.
                      A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_r

He's a C*** his arrogance and his respect for fighters is a disgrace. All these travelers fighter show very little respect... BJS is an excellent fighter he gets beat by GGG and top 5 in the division he just doesn't throw enough and against the top 5 he will found out.

Comment

Working...
                      X