Brandon Vera's One Year Goal..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Vera's One Year Goal..

The following quote from Brandon Vera is provided courtesy of Philstar.com:
    “It’s my one-year goal — to win both titles. I’ll fight anyone UFC wants me to fight. I’m not scared of anyone. I train ridiculously hard for all my fights. I drive myself to the point of exhaustion. In the past, I’ve collapsed in the gym. When I’m training for a fight, I work out thrice a day from six to eight weeks. Each day, I do 50 minutes of conditioning, including working six six-minute rounds, then 1 1/2 hours of repetition drills and finally, 1 1/2 hours of doing whatever my coaches want, like sparring or banging the bag or hitting the mitts…. After I get the heavyweight belt, I’m going after Rampage (light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson). I’ve already challenged Rampage. We’ve agreed that whoever wins will buy a car of his opponent’s choice but the plate will show the word ‘loser.’ I wouldn’t like to drive a Lamborghini with ‘loser’ on the plate so I don’t intend to lose.. I’ve trained with Rampage and he’s tough. But when the title’s on the line, it’s anything goes in the UFC.”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I Think He Can Do It.

I don't see him taking down either champ, but he is entertaining to watch....

Comment

well his road to 2 belts starts with werdum.

Comment

Werdum, then Arvloski, then maybe another shot at HW. For LHW he's gotta either already be the HW champ or work his way thru the peeps in line IMO...

Comment

I think his best options right now is to stay in the HW division. He has a better chance then in LHW where it is stacked with good competitors and his chance of getting a belt is slim next to some other fighters in the division but HW is a little less competitive with Couture leaving and Silvia leaving

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            Werdum, then Arvloski, then maybe another shot at HW. For LHW he's gotta either already be the HW champ or work his way thru the peeps in line IMO...
            i thought the winner of vera/werdum gets title shot, I've read that on here awhile back.

Comment

That is how lower ranked is the HW division right now. They need to sign some top name guys. I think the winner should face Mir and the winner of that should get a title shot Nogueira

Comment

Arvloski beat Werdum, why is he not in the picture?

Comment

Arlovski is supposed 2 get his Title Shot awhile back but he only had one fight left on his contract.
                  i've read some rumors on sherdog(take it for what its worth...sherdog afterall)
                  that Arlovski is almost done his negotiations with the UFC an will get his match with Nog.

Comment

Arlovski's latest fights were either boring or didn't make it on the main event matches and were just preliminary. If they were to make his fight for the HW belt he would have to fight their top heavyweight then he would get a chance at it

Comment

Working...
                    X