No announcement yet.

Recommend a book...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homage to Catalonia.

Or any one of Orwell's novels (with the possible exception of Clergyman's Daughter, which Orwell himself hated, and never wanted published. I've only read part of it, but it is a bit slow going. I should probably read the rest, though.)

Comment

Autobiography of Malcolm X

Comment

Bukkake Weekend...by Dick Yomama

A poignant novel about an innocent Japanese student's weekend in Tokyo. Akasuki finds adventure as the object of 40 middle aged small dicked Japanese businessmen who ejaculate in her face.

Comment

Title good book as well

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
            get to Breakfast of Champions.
            I read it. I think it would be more enjoyable if he read a couple other books where Kilgore Trout makes an appearance.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              I read it. I think it would be more enjoyable if he read other books with a couple of other books where Kilgore Trout makes an apperance.
              i am sure Kilgore is in another one or two of his books. i'll have to do a quick check.

Comment

he acts as a catalyst for the main characters in Breakfast of Champions, God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater and Slaughterhouse-Five, while in others, such as Jailbird, and Timequake, Trout is an active character who is vital to the story. Trout is also described differently in several books; in Breakfast of Champions, he has, by the end, become something of a father figure, while in other novels, he seems to be something like Vonnegut in the early part of his career. In Hocus Pocus, Trout is not mentioned by name, but reading a Trout-like science fiction story. In early novels, Kilgore Trout lives in Ilium, New York, a fictional town based on Troy, New York (Vonnegut lived and worked in nearby Schenectady for some time). In later novels, Trout inhabits a basement apartment in Cohoes, an ailing mill community. While living in Cohoes, Trout works as an installer of "aluminum combination storm windows and screens." The ghost of Trout's son Leon Trotsky Trout is the narrator of the novel Galápagos

Comment

Inside the third reich by albert speer.. great read..

Comment

Working...
                  X